Re: [podcasters] Video Cameras!

  • Jacek Artymiak
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 11, 2009
      On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 10:11 PM, Waleed Ovase
      <americanbookmoghuls@...> wrote:
      > Hey All,
      > I was wondering what kind of video cameras you use for your video podcasts
      > or what you recommend for video podcasts!

      Samsung VP-HMX10 or the built-in i-Sight

      Why Samsung? No transcoding from AVHCD, just plug it into the computer
      and download the files to the computer. The quality is very good.

      --
      Jacek Artymiak
      http://devGuide.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 12, 2009
        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Waleed Ovase"
        <americanbookmoghuls@...> wrote:

        > Hey All,
        > I was wondering what kind of video cameras you use for your video
        podcasts
        > or what you recommend for video podcasts!
        >

        > thanks :)
        >

        > waldo
        >
        > --
        > Waleed "Waldo" Ovase
        > Executive Producer
        > Giant Gnome Productions
        > www.giantgnome.com
        > Republicans will be back.
        >
        > "...you know what? I still get out of bed
        > every day and make coffee, smoke some crack cocaine, put on my
        Richard
        > Nixon mask and foam rubber cowboy hat and go to work like everyone
        > else..."
        > - Edward Morris

        I use a Canon HV30 and have been very happy with it for the videos
        I've made recently. It's a great HD camcorder in its price range.

        The only downside is it uses tapes instead of a hard drive or memory
        card. If you use an external microphone (as you should), this is only
        an issue of convenience. If you use the internal mic (bad idea with
        any camcorder), it will pick up a little noise from the tape
        mechanism.

        --
        Rusty Tanton
        blog: http://rustytanton.com