Video Cameras!

  • Waleed Ovase
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 11, 2009
      Hey All,
      I was wondering what kind of video cameras you use for your video podcasts
      or what you recommend for video podcasts!

      thanks :)

      waldo

      --
      Waleed "Waldo" Ovase
      Executive Producer

      "...you know what? I still get out of bed
      every day and make coffee, smoke some crack cocaine, put on my Richard
      Nixon mask and foam rubber cowboy hat and go to work like everyone
      else..."
      - Edward Morris

    • Shawn Thorpe
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 11, 2009
        On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Waleed Ovase <americanbookmoghuls@...
        > wrote:

        > Hey All,
        > I was wondering what kind of video cameras you use for your video podcasts
        > or what you recommend for video podcasts!
        >
        > thanks :)
        >
        > waldo
        >
        > --
        > Waleed "Waldo" Ovase
        > Executive Producer
        > Giant Gnome Productions
        > www.giantgnome.com
        > Republicans will be back.
        >
        > "...you know what? I still get out of bed
        > every day and make coffee, smoke some crack cocaine, put on my Richard
        > Nixon mask and foam rubber cowboy hat and go to work like everyone
        > else..."
        > - Edward Morris
        >
        > .

        I have a Canan ZR880 Mini-DV camcorder. You can see examples of the
        camera's capabilities here:
        http://shawnogram.com/category/video-podcast/
        I find the camera suits my needs. If you're looking to do "serious" video
        work, you'll probably want something a little more advanced.

        --
        -Shawn "Shawno" Thorpe
        Hyper Nonsense - Talk/comedy podcast from central California

        Shawnogram - Content = life.
        http://www.shawnogram.com/

      • Michael Johnson
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 11, 2009
          I use the pansonic pvgs320 its a good?budget camera

          crosscampusministry.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 11, 2009
            On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 10:11 PM, Waleed Ovase
            <americanbookmoghuls@...> wrote:
            > Hey All,
            > I was wondering what kind of video cameras you use for your video podcasts
            > or what you recommend for video podcasts!

            Samsung VP-HMX10 or the built-in i-Sight

            Why Samsung? No transcoding from AVHCD, just plug it into the computer
            and download the files to the computer. The quality is very good.

            --
            Jacek Artymiak
            http://devGuide.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 12, 2009
              --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Waleed Ovase"
              <americanbookmoghuls@...> wrote:

              > Hey All,
              > I was wondering what kind of video cameras you use for your video
              podcasts
              > or what you recommend for video podcasts!
              >

              > thanks :)
              >

              > waldo
              >
              > --
              > Waleed "Waldo" Ovase
              > Executive Producer
              > Giant Gnome Productions
              > www.giantgnome.com
              > Republicans will be back.
              >
              > "...you know what? I still get out of bed
              > every day and make coffee, smoke some crack cocaine, put on my
              Richard
              > Nixon mask and foam rubber cowboy hat and go to work like everyone
              > else..."
              > - Edward Morris

              I use a Canon HV30 and have been very happy with it for the videos
              I've made recently. It's a great HD camcorder in its price range.

              The only downside is it uses tapes instead of a hard drive or memory
              card. If you use an external microphone (as you should), this is only
              an issue of convenience. If you use the internal mic (bad idea with
              any camcorder), it will pick up a little noise from the tape
              mechanism.

              --
              Rusty Tanton
              blog: http://rustytanton.com