Any wordpress geniuses out there?

  • serviceyourac
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2009
      Iam trying to start a new blog with a podcast but i cant even get my
      site up. at first it was running at totalcleanair.com/wordpress but i
      wanted it to be totalcleanair.com so i deleted the files and
      reuploaded them to my root folder without the wordpress folder and now
      it looks like this: totalcleanair.com

      any ideas?
    • Matthew Wayne Selznick
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 9, 2009
        It's not reading your CSS file -- for starters. :-) I have some
        ideas of the other problems you may have due to the move -- contact me
        directly and let's see if we can work to fix it.

        --
        Matthew Wayne Selznick
        Author, Podcaster, Social Media Authority

        Paperback, Ebook, iPhone, Kindle, MP3 CD, Free Podcast
        http://www.bravemenrun.com
      • Jason Tucker
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 9, 2009
          It looks like some of the fields in th DB are still referencing the old
          location. Since this is a new site I'd suggest dumping the db and just
          reinstalling from scratch. If you have some DB experience you could go in
          there and remove the /wordpress from the end of the base URL fields and be
          back in business.

          -Jason

          On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 1:48 PM, serviceyourac <serviceyourac@...>wrote:

          > Iam trying to start a new blog with a podcast but i cant even get my
          > site up. at first it was running at totalcleanair.com/wordpress but i
          > wanted it to be totalcleanair.com so i deleted the files and
          > reuploaded them to my root folder without the wordpress folder and now
          > it looks like this: totalcleanair.com
          >
          > any ideas?

          Jason Tucker
          http://www.jasontucker.us

          Host of the following podcasts:
          http://www.TuckerTales.com itunes: http://tinyurl.com/ysncf9
          http://www.GeekFit.com itunes: http://tinyurl.com/yj48uq
          http://www.EverythingTech.tv itunes: http://tinyurl.com/ypx6db
          http://www.BarNutsPodcast.com itunes: http://tinyurl.com/yvvkqb

        • Michael Johnson
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 10, 2009
            I can log in at http://totalcleanair.com/wp-login.php it just wont show up at toalcleanair.com it has to be something easy.

            Cross Campus Ministry Podcast, A Podcast for Christian College Students in itunes and at Videobible.blogspot.com

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 10, 2009
              i went into the database and took the /wordpress out. it still doesnt work. anyway its 12:13 am im going to bed.
              hopefully ill get the site up soon.
              thanks

              From: Jason Tucker <abstrakone@gmail. com>

              To: podcasters@yahoogro ups.com