Re: [podcasters] ID3 Tag Comments/Pictures

  • andrew clarke
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2009
      On Thu 2009-01-01 13:09:12 UTC-0500, Joseph Puentes (makas@...) wrote:

      > I have been faithful at doing all my ID3 Tags and am wondering why and
      > where some of the tags are visible to others. For example when I tag and
      > add detailed comments are those tags incorporated into the actual audio
      > file and if so where can they be seen? Same question for the pictures?

      MP3 tags are added as part of the metadata. The metadata is the
      non-audio part of the file that is appended to the end of the MP3
      file.

      Whether your listeners see pictures that are embedded in the metadata
      will depend on which MP3 player software they're using.

      For adding pictures to MP3s I use Mp3tag, under Windows. I don't have
      a podcast but use it to add album covers to my MP3 collection.

      http://www.mp3tag.de/en/