ID3 Tag Comments/Pictures

  • Joseph Puentes
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2009
      Happy New Year every one! Best wishes for the advancement of your
      important podcasts!

      I have been faithful at doing all my ID3 Tags and am wondering why and
      where some of the tags are visible to others. For example when I tag and
      add detailed comments are those tags incorporated into the actual audio
      file and if so where can they be seen? Same question for the pictures?

      I thought that if I downloaded an audio file that had comments and a
      picture as part of the tagging that I would be able to hover over the
      audio file and at least see the picture but it wasn't so when I tried it
      the other day. So who and in what situation is that information
      available to other folks?

      joseph

      ps: the latest podcast on the VSSE podcast just released last night at
      midnight: http://h2opodcast.com/vsse.html#ww "Water Waster" from Aryan
      Tavakkoli in New Zealand

      =====================

      Joseph Puentes
      http://h2opodcast.com/vsse.html (Vegan Environmental Solutions Podcast)
      http://h2opodcast.com (Environmental Podcast)
      http://h2opodcast.blogspot.com/ (Blog for above)
      http://PleaseListenToYourMom.com (Women's Peace Podcast)
      http://NuestraFamiliaUnida.com (Latin American History Podcast)
      http://NuestrosRanchos.com (Jalisco, Zacatecas, and Aguascalientes
      Genealogy)
    • andrew clarke
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2009
        On Thu 2009-01-01 13:09:12 UTC-0500, Joseph Puentes (makas@...) wrote:

        > I have been faithful at doing all my ID3 Tags and am wondering why and
        > where some of the tags are visible to others. For example when I tag and
        > add detailed comments are those tags incorporated into the actual audio
        > file and if so where can they be seen? Same question for the pictures?

        MP3 tags are added as part of the metadata. The metadata is the
        non-audio part of the file that is appended to the end of the MP3
        file.

        Whether your listeners see pictures that are embedded in the metadata
        will depend on which MP3 player software they're using.

        For adding pictures to MP3s I use Mp3tag, under Windows. I don't have
        a podcast but use it to add album covers to my MP3 collection.

        http://www.mp3tag.de/en/