Re: Audacity, Propaganda, MixCraft, Craftblaster...

  • ferronfamily@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2008
      I've never used Propaganda. I have used Audacity, and have found it
      great for editing individual audio clips, but it is not very good when
      used as an audio sequencer, which is what you are wanting to use when
      you compile (mix and render) the clips for your podcast.

      I used Cubase LE for over a year, which came "free" with the Alesis
      USB mixer I bought back in 2007. It's a great tool. I am checking
      out Reaper, which is free for unlimited duration evaluation and is
      only $50 for non-commercial use. So far I proclaim it as "awesome",
      in part because I can both edit clips and do the full job of aligning
      clips, cross-fading clips with bumper music, applying plug-in
      compressors and EQ and such. You should try it at
      http://www.cockos.com/reaper/download.php