PodPress Well and Truly Dead?

  • Matthew Wayne Selznick
    Message 1 of 35 , Dec 19, 2008
      I just took a peek at the PodPress site... the forums link gives a 404
      error and the FAQ is overrun with spam.

      Wither, PodPress?

      And yes, I know about Blubrry's plugin... two things make it a
      dealbreaker for me:

      1) Only one enclosure per post. I use PodPress to embed all kinds of
      media, including multiple music and video files on a sing post,
      because of the built-in statistics.

      2) No stats without third-party (Blubrry) sign-up. Stats on PodPress
      are built in and private, a real plus for a DIY guy like me.

      Meanwhile, the hacked version of PodPress seems to be behaving just
      fine... but for how long?

      I don't have the know-how... is anyone with PHP / WordPress chops
      planning on taking over / forking PodPress to keep it going?

      Best,

      --
      Matthew Wayne Selznick
      Author, Podcaster, Social Media Authority

      Paperback, Ebook, iPhone, Kindle, MP3 CD, Free Podcast
      http://www.bravemenrun.com
    • Matthew Wayne Selznick
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 19, 2009
        On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 9:46 PM, David Jackson <jacksongei@...> wrote:
        > Basic customer service is to keep your customers informed.

        Except we're not Dan's customers. We're the beneficiaries of a labor
        of love that was released into the wild for all to enjoy at no cost
        and no obligation.

        I'll bet if someone hired him to upgrade PodPress, it would be done in
        a hurry... but then, the finished product might belong to that
        *customer,* not to the world.

        By the same token, PodPress *is* open source. If anyone else with the
        chops wants to take it on, no one is stopping them. I've said this
        before.

        Unless you're a programmer who can fix it, or a customer who can fund
        it, we don't have the right to expect anything.