Re: [podcasters] Time to give libsyn the heave-ho?

  • Cliff Ravenscraft
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 17, 2008
      I'm responding to the message quoted below regarding libsyn.

      I've been podcasting since December of 2005 and I have three $50 per month
      accounts with Libsyn with over 1,250 podcast episodes online. When I first
      started with them, they were about the only source out there for unlimited
      bandwidth. Within the first five months with them, they did have an
      occasional issue where files would not be delivered due to a technical
      issue. In all honesty, the company was two or three guys at the time just
      learning how to make all this stuff scale.

      Since those days, I've experience almost NO issues on file delivery
      whatsoever! Recently, about two weeks ago, they had to VERY BRIEF
      outages... I produce more than 20 podcasts and have a network where people
      pay me monthly for my shows. As soon as the outage occurred, I started
      receiving emails from my paying subscribers. I contacted support and I was
      back up and running within 20 minutes each of those two times.

      Just in case any new podcasters are in this group ... I just wanted to throw
      in my vote of confidence in Libsyn!

      I'm sure many of the other services mentioned are great.. I personally love
      the folks over at Raw Voice.. I was just using libsyn for many months before
      I met them.

      Cliff