Whats the best platform for phone interviews?

  • serviceyourac
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 8, 2008
      Ive heard about talk shoe and blog talk radio. are these good choices?

      Mike
      crosscampusministry.com
    • Matthew Wayne Selznick
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 8, 2008
        On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 7:27 AM, serviceyourac <serviceyourac@...> wrote:
        > Ive heard about talk shoe and blog talk radio. are these good choices?

        I've used Talkshoe -- these are good choices if you want to run a live
        telephone interview podcast.

        If you simply want to record a telephone interview for inclusion in a
        podcast and you're on the Windows platform, you can't beat the
        combination of Skype and PowerGramo.

        Get a Skype account and sign up for a pay-as-you-go number so you can
        make call to and receive calls from regular telephone numbers.
        http://www.skype.com

        Then, get the inexpensive ($25.00, I believe) add-on program
        PowerGramo, which allows you to record the conversation to
        uncompressed .wav or compressed .mp3 or .ogg files. The beautiful
        thing about PowerGramo: it separates you and your caller into
        different channels, which makes for easy editing later on!
        http://www.powergramo.com/

        I don't work for either company -- they're simply an unbeatable
        combination that's worked flawlessly for me for a dozen episodes of
        Writers Talking and countless phone interviews.

        Best,

        --
        Matthew Wayne Selznick
        Author, Podcaster

        Paperback, Ebook, iPhone, Kindle, MP3 CD, Free Podcast
        http://www.bravemenrun.com
      • Michael Johnson
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 9, 2008
          thank you sir. that is great info

          Cross Campus Ministry Podcast, A Podcast for Christian College Students in itunes and at crosscampusministry.com

          ************ ********* ********* ******

          "Reggie vs. Kaiju Storm Chimera Wolf"

          Signed and numbered limited edition chapbook

          http://www.mattselz nick.com

          Paperback, Ebook, iPhone, Kindle, MP3 CD, Free Podcast

          http://www.bravemen run.com

        • Ramble Redhead
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 9, 2008
            I have been doing my interview show for the past three years and I
            have been using Skype and Call Recorder and have had no problems at
            all. Strongly recommend getting Levelator as well

            On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 10:47 PM, Michael Johnson
            <serviceyourac@...> wrote:
            > thank you sir. that is great info
            >
            > Cross Campus Ministry Podcast, A Podcast for Christian College Students in
            > itunes and at crosscampusministry.com

            Check out the Ramble Redhead Show at http://www.rambleredhead.com

            Check out my Frappr map www.frappr.com/rambleredhead

            AOL or AIM Screen Name: Rambleredhead

            Yahoo Rambleredhead

            Subscribe via Itunes:
            http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=98939550&s=143441

            Comment Number: 574-807-9171

            Send stuff to:

            Ramble Redhead
            P.O. Box 2804
            South Bend IN 46680

            Write a review on Itunes to help out the show!
          • Jonathon_M_Johnson@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 9, 2008
              Hello all-

              I have Levelator running on my PC and it is working great.

              I tried loading it onto my Mac, and it doesn't want to be running.

              Any ideas on how to get it up and running?

              Any hyperlinks to the correct downloadable software?

              Thanks

              Jonathon M. Johnson
              Colorado

              From: "Ramble Redhead" <rambleredhead@...>

              <serviceyourac@...> wrote:
              > thank you sir. that is great info
              >
              > Cross Campus Ministry Podcast, A Podcast for Christian College Students in
              > itunes and at crosscampusministry.com

            • Brains Matter
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 10, 2008
                Jonathon,

                Do you have at least Tiger (10.4) running on your mac? (Some more
                info would help here) - I found that the dmg won't install on 10.3 or
                earlier.. 10.4 or 10.5 should be fine.

                OG

                --
                Brains Matter Podcast
                Melbourne, Australia

              • Cliff Ravenscraft
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 17, 2008
                  On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 10:27 AM, serviceyourac <serviceyourac@...>wrote:

                  > Ive heard about talk shoe and blog talk radio. are these good choices?

                  I'm a little late to the game on this one, but I thought I'd chime in. I've
                  used TalkShoe for years. It has major benefits. However, for phone
                  interviews, I've gone the same route that radio stations use by getting a
                  digital hybrid telephone interface for my mixer.

                  I use and sell the JK Audio Hybrids...

                  Here's a link where I show how I use them with my podcast equipment:
                  http://podcastanswerman.com/recording-phone-interviews-and-taking-live-calls-during-podcast-shows/

                  Cliff

                  <http://gspn.tv/>
                  *Cliff J. Ravenscraft
                  Generally Speaking Production Network*
                  *Email:* Cliff@...
                  *My Podcasts:* http://gspn.tv
                  *Follow Me On Twitter:* http://twitter.com/gspn
                  *Podcast Equipment Sales & Consulting:*
                  http://PodcastAnswerMan.com<http://podcastanswerman.com/>
                  <http://podcastanswerman.com/>

                • Data Scavenger
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 29, 2008
                    On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 10:27 AM, serviceyourac <serviceyourac@...> wrote:
                    > Ive heard about talk shoe and blog talk radio. are these good choices?

                    I know that I'm late to this thread, but has anyone ever used
                    something like this device?

                    http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-TP-7-Telephone-Recording-Device/dp/B000GU88CQ/

                    I figure that this would minimize places that things can go wrong, as
                    you can use your regular old phone line and just record the whole
                    thing with any software on any OS. If you find newer software that
                    you would like to use, you can switch. Different OS? No problem.

                    That is the theory, at least. I'm curious if anyone has an opinion
                    and/or experience about this.

                    Jaime
                  • Noble Acuff
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 30, 2008
                      The Olympus gadget is inexpensive so it might be worth a shot just to
                      play with it. That said, I'm very skeptical about the audio quality
                      you'll get out of it. It's probably fine for transcribing phone calls
                      but it's hard to imagine your podcast will sound very good.

                      My solution has generally been to use Skype Out for calling land
                      lines, and you can always go with a higher-end hardware solution like
                      the Telos One although it's 30x the cost of the Olympus gadget:

                      http://www.bswusa.com/proditem.asp?item=ONE

                      If you do get the Olympus post a review to the group so we'll know
                      what you think.

                      Cheers,
                      Noble Acuff

                      My blog: http://nobleacuff.com