Re: [podcasters] Video Converter Idea Request

  • Steve Sergeant
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 4, 2008
      At 7:18 AM -0800 12/4/08, Michael Johnson wrote:
      >10 minutes of uncompressed video shouldn't be 1.1 TB it might be
      >150 mb but definitely not 1.1 TB

      You're right, of course. I'm used to having to calculate video
      storage by the hour. 1.1 TB would be for 10 hours.

      270,000,000 bits-per-second
      X 60 seconds
      X 10 minutes
      -----------
      162,000,000,000 bits
      / 8 bits-per-byte
      / 1,024^3 bytes-per-gigabyte
      -----------
      = 151 gigabytes

      It's likely that the file the original poster started out with was
      already compressed 25Mbps DV file, which would have been more like
      1.75 megabytes. While that's not uncompressed, it's probably good
      enough to start with, rather than whatever compression their WMV file
      has.
      --
      -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      The WildeBeat "The audio journal about getting into the wilderness"
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 4, 2008
        Check out Media Coder. It's free and has worked pretty good for me.

        http://www.mediacoderhq.com/
      • Michael Johnson
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5, 2008
          theres one oneline that you can do for free also you dont have to download anything media-convert.com

          as far as purchasing i suggest quicktimepro $30

          Cross Campus Ministry Podcast, A Podcast for Christian College Students in itunes and at crosscampusministry.com

          Check out Media Coder. It's free and has worked pretty good for me.

          http://www.mediacod erhq.com/

        • David
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 6, 2008
            adobe prem. elements. send it to me and i will convert it.
            Dave