Re: Podcasting platforms besides WordPress?

  • Steve Carr
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 11, 2008
      Hey Shwano,
      We started out using my .mac. It was easy and a quick way of jumping into the podcast
      world. Soon we wanted more control, a better looking site and room to grow. We ended
      up going to Go Daddy. It's been a good move so far for us. I use quick blogcast to post
      the shows and we have plenty of bandwidth and storage for now. Tim and I have been
      talking about going to Word Press. As you pointed out, it appears that much of the
      podcast community uses WP. I just bought a publication on WP to try and learn more. I
      have to admit that I'm still a newbe when it comes to some of this stuff. I think that we
      will progress up to WP in the next year. I still have to learn a lot more about it. I think Tim
      has been talking to you and Erk about WP.

      Still having fun.

      Steve

      http://www.someguysinacar.com

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Shawn Thorpe" <shawnogordo@...> wrote:

      > Just curious. Anyone out there running a podcast site that's built on
      > something other than WordPress? If so, what are you using? Do you like
      > it? Have you used WordPress, and if you have, how do you feel it compares
      > to your current podcasting platform?
      >
      > --
      > -Shawn "Shawno" Thorpe
      > Hyper Nonsense - Talk/comedy podcast from central California
      > http://www.hypernonsense.com/
      >
      > Shawnogram - Content = life.
      > http://www.shawnogram.com/

    • Evo Terra
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 29, 2008
        On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 3:00 PM, Angelo <cio@...> wrote:
        > We at Blubrry have herd complains about Podpress for nearly a year
        > now. After Wordpress 2.5 came out and Podpress no longer worked
        > correctly, we quickly responded by developing our own Podcasting
        > plugin called Blubrry Powerpress. http://www.blubrry.com/powerpress/

        I'm using Powepress with my new podcast http://evoat11.com and it
        works brilliantly. Very lightweight. Install was moronically simple.
        Highly recommended. Hooray for Angelo.

        - Evo