Re: How do I listen to voc file format on windows? Or change them?

  • writerpatrick
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 19, 2008
      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Jonathon_M_Johnson@... wrote:

      > Hello Mules-
      >
      > I use Audacity to change .wav to mp3 by exporting it.
      >
      > I also use Levelator that might do what you are asking to enhance
      audacity.

      > From: "farmersagentdm" <farmersagentdm@...>
      > How can I listen to .voc files on my windows comp?
      >
      > What program thats FREE will change the format to .wav or to mp3?
      >
      > Also, I used to use Audacity, and had another program (I think) that
      > used to enhance audacity. Does anyone know the program I am
      referring to?

      There's no need to use Levelator if you have Audacity. Audacity has a
      built in leveller function under the Effects menu.
    • Richard Amirault
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 19, 2008
        From: "writerpatrick"

        > There's no need to use Levelator if you have Audacity. Audacity has a
        > built in leveller function under the Effects menu.

        It's not the same thing. As far as I know there is no "effect" in any sound
        editing program that will do what is done in Levelator.

        Richard Amirault
        Boston, MA, USA
        http://n1jdu.org
        http://bostonfandom.org
      • Paul Puri
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 19, 2008
          On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 9:54 AM, Richard Amirault <ramirault@...>wrote:

          > It's not the same thing. As far as I know there is no "effect" in any sound
          > editing program that will do what is done in Levelator.

          Although Levelator is an excellent product, the term effect in Audacity is
          used to describe anything that changes the audio contained in your project.
          It is not just reverb, delay, chorus, flanger. It is also dynamic controls.
          EQ, compression, noise reduction, etc. Levelator is just a simpler version
          of what Audacity already has available.

          Levelator just makes it easier.

          --
          Paul Puri