Tag your podcast episodes!

  • Mack D. Male
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 22, 2005
      Hi everyone!

      We just launched a new service called Podcast Tags that lets you
      attach tags to your episodes so that others can find them more easily.
      If you have seen other tagging systems like Flickr and Technorati
      Tags, you'll see that we're very similar. You can check it out at
      http://podcasttag.com.

      It's really simple to use. All you have to do is include a link like
      the following in your post:

      Usually, you would link to "http://podcasttag.com/mytag", but this is
      not required. We do include links to Technorati, Flickr, del.icio.us,
      and others on that page, so it might be worth linking there.

      After you've added the link, send us a ping! We support XML-RPC and
      SOAP pings, or you can do it manually at
      http://podcasttag.com/ping.aspx.

      Once we recieve your ping:

      - we parse your feed to find items that have enclosures. If you have
      tags in an item that doesn't have enclosures, they will be ignored.

      - then we look at the <description> section of those items for links
      of the form shown above.

      - next we check your tags to make sure they do not contain spaces and
      are alphanumeric, letters and numbers only.

      If all of those conditions are met, we then add your episodes into the
      system with their tags. Full instructions are at
      http://podcasttag.com/howto.aspx

      The main thing to understand is that we're tagging episodes, not
      podcasts. What's the difference? A podcast is your entire feed. It's
      your radio station, so to speak. An episode is each show. So if you
      record and post something every day, you'll end up with seven episodes
      at the end of a week. If all seven of those episodes had tags, you'll
      appear on Podcast Tags seven times.

      Hopefully you like the service and find it useful! Give it a shot, and
      let us know what you think. Feedback, suggestions, questions,
      complaints are all welcome. A good way to get in touch is via our blog
      at http://blog.podcasttag.com.

      Happy tagging!
    • Mack D. Male
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 22, 2005
        The links of course should be:

        http://podcasttag.com
        http://podcasttag.com/ping.aspx
        http://blog.podcasttag.com

        My mistake with the periods!
      • Nicole Simon
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 22, 2005
          >Hi everyone!

          Fine. Where is the blogposting with this text, so we all don't have to
          recopy everything but can just link to it? :))

          Nicole

          --
          http://sushiradio.de - der feine Happen für deine Ohren

          Blogs & Podcasts: http://gnak.de/ - http://ideengeberin.de/
          http://useful-sounds.de/ (english) - http://beissholz.de/
        • Mack D. Male
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 22, 2005
            > Fine. Where is the blogposting with this text, so we all don't have to
            > recopy everything but can just link to it? :)

            This posting describes how the system works:

            http://blog.podcasttag.com/archive/2005/03/22/68.aspx

            And if you really want an introductory post, here ya go:

            http://blog.mastermaq.ca/archive/2005/03/21/3836.aspx

            Thanks!
          • TDavid
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 23, 2005