To mix, or not to mix

  • David Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2008
      To a certain extent, I've been blogging on my Libsyn podcast feed. I'm
      sure that's fine, in the privacy of one's home, between consenting adults.
      But I sure hate to clutter up the Podcast feed with my usual random Blog
      chatter. So I also have a regular, text blog on Blogger.

      Blogger also allows a number of functions that are kinda handy for
      blogging and don't exist on Libsyn. But then I have to wonder if my right-
      hand audience knows what my left-hand audience is seeing. And I hate
      cross-posting. Sure, some of my best friends are crossposters, but I
      wouldn't want my sister to marry one.

      The other day I got Yahoo Pipes situated so I -can- "cross the streams"
      and see what happens, combining the RSS feeds from the Blog and the
      Podcast. I have my primary Podcast feed already clearly identified as
      everything, so I don't THINK it should give offense. But I'm ambivalent
      about actually doing it that way.

      Separate feeds for the Blog and each of the two podcasts would remain
      available.

      Comments? Thoughts? Rants?

      --

      Grizzly's Growls Podcast: <http://ggpo.grizzlysgrowls.com>