The NaNaPooPoo network

  • David Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 12, 2008
      Have finalized the Beta setup of the NaNaPooPoo Network. I figured,
      there's already an aggregate feed for NaPodPoMo, don't need another. But
      I'm thinking the NaNaPooPoo Network can be an ongoing project.

      I have been doing my primary feed for almost two years now. I've had the
      secondary "Hiber-Nation" feed for several months. There's lots of nice
      content there, and I'm liking what I'm doing. But I'm just one guy nobody
      ever heard of. Like so many podcasters, I don't have the resources to
      promote my little "okay" podcasts to a much larger audience. I'm just one
      guy; my content is good, but it isn't brilliant.

      Now on the radio or TV networks, they have a similar problem promoting one
      little "okay" show. But they have an extra resource -- lead ins. If you
      have an okay show, and you're followed or preceeded on the air by Howard
      Stern, for example, then your little show might have a pretty significant
      audience. And even otherwise, just Okay leadins and lead-outs, if you're
      Okay but your network has a big-dog show somewhere, more folks listen to
      the network, so the rising tide raises all boats.

      So, as an Okay artist, you do try to promote your show, certainly. But
      also, everybody promotes the Network. And the tide rises: "A rising tide
      raises all boats." And if a bunch of shows on the Net wanna do a
      promotion, they can all get together and create one big promotion to
      promote the network, and that larger splash raises all boats, again.

      The idea of the "NaNaPooPoo Network"<a
      href="http://feeds.nanapoopoo.com"></a> is to create a group effort to
      promote the content of all participants, thus making life better and
      easier for all involved. A "Proud Member of the NaNaPooPoo Network"
      promotes access to the content of all the other "Proud Members," and vice
      versa, over and over. Conversely, all the different shows don't have to
      convince some poor tech-challenged soul to subscribe to each show
      separately, manually. Subscribe to the "NaNaPooPoo Network," you always
      have access to the latest post on any of the client feeds. The archival
      shows from earlier are still on the home website of the original source,
      but the Network only shows the one most recent post.

      Listeners know if they subscribe to the Network, they get a whole bunch of
      shows (For Some Values Of "a whole bunch"). The Network now is in
      "bleeding edge Beta." Someday, there could be a whole slew of shows
      feeding into the network, and some listeners might decide that's all they
      need. They don't need to "fiddle with the nobs." They just crank up their
      podcast player, and they get a whole lot of stuff without too much
      headscratching. They aren't prevented from adding other feed. But they may
      not have to.

      Why truncate each feed to only one Post? This isn't the first aggregate
      feed. But often what you see is an aggregate of all the content on all the
      feeds. My own overall feed has 74 Grizzly's Growls episodes and maybe
      another 30 HN shows. Combine mine with a feed from some other massive
      contributors, you're talking a several hundred entries, most of which most
      folks don't even wanna see in an aggregate. Most online tools don't work
      with a too-large feed (like Feedburner.com),

      Looking at, or subscribing to, http://feeds.nanapoopoo.com gets just the
      latest from X feeds. Start any time, no worries Play the whole feed, no
      worries. Want more of one particular show? Go to -their- website. We ain't
      Everything, we're just the Latest from Everything. (Someday...)

      The smaller shows get the benefit of collective promotion -- if folks
      subscribe to the Net, they get your feed, too, and everybody works to
      everybody's benefit. The larger shows share the wealth -- but they also
      get the promo-assistance from X number of partners in the network. The
      bigger the network, the bigger the base for everybody. A rising tide
      raises all boats. And you get to be part of something larger than just
      "how cool am I?" One more credential for your intros and extros:

      "A Proud Participant in the NaNaPooPoo Network. Say it Loud!"

      (Sure NaNaPooPoo is a Dumb Name. That's part of it's charm.)

      Griz--

      Grizzly's Growls Podcast: <http://ggpo.grizzlysgrowls.com>
      Stories from the Hiber-Nation:
      <http://hn.grizzlysgrowls.com>
    • Flyswatter
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 12, 2008
        At first I thought it was to get us to eat high fiber during the month of
        November!
        --
        Laura Ross

        Flyswatter Show podcast and blog
        http://godlessradio.com/flyswatter
        Voicemail: (678) 368-4935
        email: flyswatter@...
        Podcast feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FlyswatterShow
        Blog feed: http://godlessradio.com/flyswatter/feed/

        The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
        http://coffeeandteashow.com
        Listener hotline: (678) 368-4935
        Skype: coffeeandteashow
        coffeeandteashow@...

        Rocky Horror Pod Show
        http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
        Listener Hotline: (678) 368-4935
        rockypod@...
        Join the Rockypod Google Group at http://groups.google.com/group/rockypod

        On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:38 PM, David Smith <grizzly@...>wrote:

> [...]
        > latest from X feeds. Start any time, no worries Play the whole feed, no
        > worries. Want more of one particular show? Go to -their- website. We ain't
        > Everything, we're just the Latest from Everything. (Someday...)
        >
        > The smaller shows get the benefit of collective promotion -- if folks
        > subscribe to the Net, they get your feed, too, and everybody works to
        > everybody's benefit. The larger shows share the wealth -- but they also
        > get the promo-assistance from X number of partners in the network. The
        > bigger the network, the bigger the base for everybody. A rising tide
        > raises all boats. And you get to be part of something larger than just
        > "how cool am I?" One more credential for your intros and extros:
        >
        > "A Proud Participant in the NaNaPooPoo Network. Say it Loud!"
        >
        > (Sure NaNaPooPoo is a Dumb Name. That's part of it's charm.)

      • piratepodshow
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 13, 2008
          Okay, count us in where do we signup?

          presspirate
          Co-host of The Pirate Podshow

          piratepodshow@...

          piratepodshow@...

          http://www.piratepodcast.com

          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "David Smith" <grizzly@...> wrote:

> [...]
          ain't
          > Everything, we're just the Latest from Everything. (Someday...)
          >
          > The smaller shows get the benefit of collective promotion -- if
          folks
          > subscribe to the Net, they get your feed, too, and everybody works
          > everybody's benefit. The larger shows share the wealth -- but they
          also
          > get the promo-assistance from X number of partners in the network.
          The
          > bigger the network, the bigger the base for everybody. A rising tide
          > raises all boats. And you get to be part of something larger than
          just
          > "how cool am I?" One more credential for your intros and extros:
          >
          > "A Proud Participant in the NaNaPooPoo Network. Say it Loud!"
          >
          > (Sure NaNaPooPoo is a Dumb Name. That's part of it's charm.)

        • David Smith
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 13, 2008
            Okay, just went out to your podcast's website, grabbed the RSS link,
            plugged that into Pipes. You're in there. It'll take a while, maybe, to
            propagate from Pipes to Feedburner.

            And remember it's still bleeding-edge beta. I've got a promo or whatever
            it ought to be called written, just gotta get it recorded.

            It was 14 Nov 2008, when piratepodshow commented: