RE: [podcasters] Podcasting Plugin for WordPress 2.6.x

  • Mike Wills
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 3, 2008
      It is okay. It definatly doesn't have all of the features of PodPress, but
      it includes enclosures and you can setup your default CDN for your files. I
      would say if it is a new site, go ahead and give it a whirl. PodPress
      doesn't seem to be updated any time soon.

      Thinking I should do a full review of all three plugins for WordPress now.

      --
      Mike Wills
      Podcast Mike Productions http://podcastmike.com

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 3, 2008
        3?
        Whats the other one?

        Podpress, Powerpress....and?

        On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 21:14, Mike Wills <mike@...> wrote:

        > It is okay. It definatly doesn't have all of the features of PodPress,
        > but
        > it includes enclosures and you can setup your default CDN for your files. I
        > would say if it is a new site, go ahead and give it a whirl. PodPress
        > doesn't seem to be updated any time soon.
        >
        > Thinking I should do a full review of all three plugins for WordPress now.
        >
        > --
        > Mike Wills
        > Podcast Mike Productions http://podcastmike.com
        > Skype: koldark | Ph: 612-605-9821
        > http://www.linkedin.com/in/mikewills

        Waleed "Waldo" Ovase
        Executive Producer
        Giant Gnome Productions
        www.giantgnome.com
        MCCAIN FTW

        "...you know what? I still get out of bed
        every day and make coffee, smoke some crack cocaine, put on my Richard
        Nixon mask and foam rubber cowboy hat and go to work like everyone
        else..."
        - Edward Morris

      • Mike Wills
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 3, 2008
          Do a search in the plugin directory. There is a third written for the summer
          of code through Google. It is on the bottom of my list, but it is still a
          good plugin if PodPress doesn't work and you hate anything associalted with
          BluBrry (or RawVoice).

        • techne1
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 3, 2008
            I'm using Podcasting 1.65 on Wordpress 2.6. and it works quite well,
            at least for my immediate needs. I tried one other (don't remember
            which), and it gave me some issue with my PHP settings or something.

            You can find the plugin here:
            http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/podcasting/

            and of course see it in action on my site ;-)

            Cheers, Marc

            Romance is a Way of Being
            http://www.incurable-romantic.com

            --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Bachelder" <kbachelder@...>
            wrote:

            > Hey gang,
            >
            > I just launched a new podcast and setup the WordPress site for it.
            > Naturally I've got the latest version of WordPress installed so the
            > podpress plugin isn't working. I've seen a few suggested workarounds
            > that are supposed to allow podpress 8.8 to work with WordPress 2.6.x
            > but I can't get it to work on my new site. I'm probably missing
            > something. I've tried the 'No Revisions' plugin, the wp-config.php
            > single line fix as well as the recommended change to the
            > podpress_admin_class.php file that I saw on a couple of discussion
            > threads. I thought it might be time to go in a different direction.
            >
            > Is there another way to easily fix the podpress issue or is there a
            > different plugin that offers a nice 'play in pop-up' player that you
            > would recommend?
            >

            > Thanks for any and all help,
            >
            > Kevin
            >
            > --
            > Fan of Science Fiction?
            > If so, then you may enjoy listening to the award winning podcasts...
            >
            > Tuning Into Scifi TV
            > http://www.tuningintoscifitv.com
            >
            > The Signal (Firefly)
            > http://www.serenityfirefly.com
            >
            > The ScapeCast (Farscape)
            > http://www.scapecast.org
            >
            > Bite Back (Blood Ties)
            > http://www.bloodtiespodcast.org
            >
            > Dragon*Pod (Dragon*Con)
            > http://www.dragon-pod.com

          • Mike Wills
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 3, 2008
              I am starting to write up a review of all three of them. I'll let everyone
              know when I have it posted.

              wrote:

              > Hey gang,
              >
              > I just launched a new podcast and setup the WordPress site for it.
              > Naturally I've got the latest version of WordPress installed so the
              > podpress plugin isn't working. I've seen a few suggested workarounds
              > that are supposed to allow podpress 8.8 to work with WordPress 2.6.x
              > but I can't get it to work on my new site. I'm probably missing
              > something. I've tried the 'No Revisions' plugin, the wp-config.php
              > single line fix as well as the recommended change to the
              > podpress_admin_class.php file that I saw on a couple of discussion
              > threads. I thought it might be time to go in a different direction.
              >
              > Is there another way to easily fix the podpress issue or is there a
              > different plugin that offers a nice 'play in pop-up' player that you
              > would recommend?
              >

              > Thanks for any and all help,
              >
              > Kevin
              >
              > --
              > Fan of Science Fiction?
              > If so, then you may enjoy listening to the award winning podcasts...
              >
              > Tuning Into Scifi TV
              > http://www.tuningintoscifitv.com
              >
              > The Signal (Firefly)
              > http://www.serenityfirefly.com
              >
              > The ScapeCast (Farscape)
              > http://www.scapecast.org
              >
              > Bite Back (Blood Ties)
              > http://www.bloodtiespodcast.org
              >
              > Dragon*Pod (Dragon*Con)
              > http://www.dragon-pod.com

            • Kevin Bachelder
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 4, 2008
                > I'm using Podcasting 1.65 on Wordpress 2.6. and it works quite well,
                > at least for my immediate needs. I tried one other (don't remember
                > which), and it gave me some issue with my PHP settings or something.
                >
                > You can find the plugin here:
                > http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/podcasting/
                >
                > and of course see it in action on my site ;-)
                >
                > Cheers, Marc

                Thanks Marc.

                I've been using that one for about a week and it works fine. The
                biggest limitation is that it doesn't appear to offer a "play in
                pop-up" option and some of our listeners have specifically asked for
                that functionality.

                Kevin

                --
                Fan of Science Fiction?
                If so, then you may enjoy listening to the award winning podcasts...

                Tuning Into Scifi TV
                http://www.tuningintoscifitv.com

                The Signal (Firefly)
                http://www.serenityfirefly.com

                The ScapeCast (Farscape)
                http://www.scapecast.org

                Bite Back (Blood Ties)
                http://www.bloodtiespodcast.org

                Dragon*Pod (Dragon*Con)
                http://www.dragon-pod.com
              • Todd Cochrane
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 4, 2008
                  All

                  I have been running our PowerPress plugin with WP 2.7 and everything
                  is working fine. Angelo has made some updates to it since it was
                  launched so if you are running a older version of PowerPress you will
                  want to update...

                  We will have a bigger update coming in a few weeks as we are adding
                  some functionality to it that has been requested.

                  http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/powerpress/

                  Note: There are some advanced features now as well that you can
                  implement via the Advanced section in the plugin.

                  Todd...