Re: [podcasters] Re: No Obama, let it die.

  • Paul Puri
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2008
      On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Pat Cook <patsblogs@...> wrote:

      > Care to explain THAT one to us? I'm perplexed....

      How about not explaining that to us. Pat, if you want to know, email Bob off
      list. Last I looked, there was not a mic or mixer named Obama or McCain.

      Group about podcasting, not politics. Wrong P word.

      Thanks,

      Paul Puri

      Blog - http://paulpuri.blogspot.com

      Buy stuff from me - http://podsafegear.com

      Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulpuri

      Friendfeed - http://friendfeed.com/paulpuri

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2008
        On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 6:25 PM, Pat Cook <patsblogs@...> wrote:

        > Well okay Bob, since you don't work for the Democrats or the Republicans and since your podcast even cover politics (It covers ALL TERRAIN VEHICLES), WHY are you so fearful of Obama being elected then?

        Killfiling Pat Cook and Bob Crandall. Instructions for doing this in Gmail:

        1.) Click on "Settings" in the top right menu.
        2.) Select "Filters" in the settings tabs.
        3.) Put the e-mail address of the offending person in the "From:" field.
        4.) Do a test search, and then select "Next Step."
        5.) Check the box for "Delete it."
        6.) Select "Create filter," and you're done. You will never see that
        person's messages again.

        I don't do this lightly. I've checked my filters and this will be the
        first time I've done it on this list. But off-topic political or
        religious baiting is one of the worst poisons to a subject-dedicated
        community. For me it was either this or leave the list, because I'm
        not going to hang around to watch this place become toxic.

        http://www.escapepod.org
      • Paul Puri
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2008
          On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 11:08 PM, Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote:

          > Killfiling Pat Cook and Bob Crandall. Instructions for doing this in
          > Gmail:

          I don't think we have to go that far. Bob seems smart enough to choose his
          battles, as shown in his last post. Pat just needs something shiny to come
          along and he'll end his rant.Steve will stop over acting as soon as this
          happens.

          And I'll continue being the only person who has not podcasted for over a
          year now. Happy anniversary to me!!

          --
          Paul Puri

          Blog - http://paulpuri.blogspot.com

          Buy stuff from me - http://podsafegear.com

          Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulpuri

          Friendfeed - http://friendfeed.com/paulpuri

        • andrew clarke
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 3, 2008
            On Sun 2008-11-02 17:25:38 UTC-0700, Pat Cook (patsblogs@...) wrote:

            > Well okay Bob, since you don't work for the Democrats or the

            Just to make myself clear.

            Pat, and everyone else, for the sake of the Podcasters list, please
            take your political discussion off-list.

            Thanks.

            Regards
            Andrew

            (podcasters@yahoogroups.com owner)
          • Andy Bilodeau
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 3, 2008
              On Nov 3, 2008, at 10:32 AM, andrew clarke wrote:

              > On Sun 2008-11-02 17:25:38 UTC-0700, Pat Cook (patsblogs@...)
              > wrote:
              >
              > > Well okay Bob, since you don't work for the Democrats or the
              >
              > Just to make myself clear.
              >
              > Pat, and everyone else, for the sake of the Podcasters list, please
              > take your political discussion off-list.
              >
              > Thanks.
              >
              > Regards
              > Andrew
              >
              > (podcasters@yahoogroups.com owner)

              He who hath the keys to the store may indeed locketh those who fail
              to heed the general consensus of our community.

              So shall it be written....so shall it be done... if you don't knock
              it off!

              :)

              Andy Bilodeau
              andycast.net
            • Paul Puri
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 3, 2008
                On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 7:49 AM, Andy Bilodeau <andycast@...> wrote:

                > He who hath the keys to the store may indeed locketh those who fail
                > to heed the general consensus of our community.
                >
                > So shall it be written....so shall it be done... if you don't knock
                > it off!

                Amen brother.

                In pod we trust.