Re: [podcasters] Re: No Obama, let it die.

  • Pat Cook
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2008
      Hi everyone:

      Well okay Bob, since you don't work for the Democrats or the Republicans and since your podcast even cover politics (It covers ALL TERRAIN VEHICLES), WHY are you so fearful of Obama being elected then?

      Care to explain THAT one to us? I'm perplexed....

      Cheers

      Pat Cook
      patsblogs@...
      Denver, CO
      BLOGS & PODCASTS
      AS MY WORLD TURNS - http://asmyworldturns.blogspot.com/
      AS MY WEIGHT LOSS WORLD TURNS - http://asmyweightlossworldturns.blogspot.com/
      KB0OXD CYBERSHACK | HAM MUSINGS - http://kb0oxd.blogspot.com/
      KB0OXD CYBERSHACK | SITE & STATION NEWS - http://kb0oxdcybershacknews.blogspot.com/
      THE LEFT WING CONSERVATIVE - http://www.geocities.com/theleftwingconservative/

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2008
        On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Pat Cook <patsblogs@...> wrote:

        > Care to explain THAT one to us? I'm perplexed....

        How about not explaining that to us. Pat, if you want to know, email Bob off
        list. Last I looked, there was not a mic or mixer named Obama or McCain.

        Group about podcasting, not politics. Wrong P word.

        Thanks,

        Paul Puri

        Blog - http://paulpuri.blogspot.com

        Buy stuff from me - http://podsafegear.com

        Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulpuri

        Friendfeed - http://friendfeed.com/paulpuri

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2008
          On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 6:25 PM, Pat Cook <patsblogs@...> wrote:

          > Well okay Bob, since you don't work for the Democrats or the Republicans and since your podcast even cover politics (It covers ALL TERRAIN VEHICLES), WHY are you so fearful of Obama being elected then?

          Killfiling Pat Cook and Bob Crandall. Instructions for doing this in Gmail:

          1.) Click on "Settings" in the top right menu.
          2.) Select "Filters" in the settings tabs.
          3.) Put the e-mail address of the offending person in the "From:" field.
          4.) Do a test search, and then select "Next Step."
          5.) Check the box for "Delete it."
          6.) Select "Create filter," and you're done. You will never see that
          person's messages again.

          I don't do this lightly. I've checked my filters and this will be the
          first time I've done it on this list. But off-topic political or
          religious baiting is one of the worst poisons to a subject-dedicated
          community. For me it was either this or leave the list, because I'm
          not going to hang around to watch this place become toxic.

          http://www.escapepod.org
        • Paul Puri
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 2, 2008
            On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 11:08 PM, Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote:

            > Killfiling Pat Cook and Bob Crandall. Instructions for doing this in
            > Gmail:

            I don't think we have to go that far. Bob seems smart enough to choose his
            battles, as shown in his last post. Pat just needs something shiny to come
            along and he'll end his rant.Steve will stop over acting as soon as this
            happens.

            And I'll continue being the only person who has not podcasted for over a
            year now. Happy anniversary to me!!

            --
            Paul Puri

            Blog - http://paulpuri.blogspot.com

            Buy stuff from me - http://podsafegear.com

            Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulpuri

            Friendfeed - http://friendfeed.com/paulpuri

          • andrew clarke
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 3, 2008
              On Sun 2008-11-02 17:25:38 UTC-0700, Pat Cook (patsblogs@...) wrote:

              > Well okay Bob, since you don't work for the Democrats or the

              Just to make myself clear.

              Pat, and everyone else, for the sake of the Podcasters list, please
              take your political discussion off-list.

              Thanks.

              Regards
              Andrew

              (podcasters@yahoogroups.com owner)
            • Andy Bilodeau
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 3, 2008
                On Nov 3, 2008, at 10:32 AM, andrew clarke wrote:

                > On Sun 2008-11-02 17:25:38 UTC-0700, Pat Cook (patsblogs@...)
                > wrote:
                >
                > > Well okay Bob, since you don't work for the Democrats or the
                >
                > Just to make myself clear.
                >
                > Pat, and everyone else, for the sake of the Podcasters list, please
                > take your political discussion off-list.
                >
                > Thanks.
                >
                > Regards
                > Andrew
                >
                > (podcasters@yahoogroups.com owner)

                He who hath the keys to the store may indeed locketh those who fail
                to heed the general consensus of our community.

                So shall it be written....so shall it be done... if you don't knock
                it off!

                :)

                Andy Bilodeau
                andycast.net
              • Paul Puri
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 3, 2008
                  On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 7:49 AM, Andy Bilodeau <andycast@...> wrote:

                  > He who hath the keys to the store may indeed locketh those who fail
                  > to heed the general consensus of our community.
                  >
                  > So shall it be written....so shall it be done... if you don't knock
                  > it off!

                  Amen brother.

                  In pod we trust.