Re: [podcasters] Windows Media Podcast Support?

  • Matthew Wayne Selznick
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 29, 2008
      On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote:
      > On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 7:37 PM, Matthew Wayne Selznick
      > Windows Media Player also plays MP3s by default. No one needs to add
      > software or change settings. I believe it's been able to play them
      > longer than WMA has existed as a format.

      Well, if it plays 'em by default as well (ie, Explorer and Internet
      Explorer doesn't ask "What do you want to do with this file" when
      someone clicks an .MP3 link on a web page in Internet Explorer) then
      it's all good. I don't actually know -- I don't use Windows Media
      Player or Internet Explorer.

      > If you're willing to engage me on this, then we'll find out by
      > replicable experiment which assertion is right. Otherwise, I'm
      > totally at a loss to understand how you'll gain more listeners by
      > releasing in WMA if you already have MP3.

      Goodness gracious, no, I'm not going to spend that kind of time on
      this. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong -- the person who started this thread
      is the one who should be figuring all that stuff out... and I'm still
      not sure of the context of the original question.

      Jody?

      --
      Matthew Wayne Selznick
      Author, Podcaster