Re: [podcasters] Intro, Body, Outtro ???

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 18, 2008
      On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 7:52 PM, Joseph Puentes <makas@...> wrote:

      > Is there anything I can do or am I stuck with a large file size if I
      > choose to use that 1-2 minutes of Music? Please tell me there is a solution.

      To the original question: Evo's right that variable bitrate has
      compatibility problems, so no, there's no good technical solution. My
      show structure is pretty much what you describe. It's why I encode at
      96 kbps as a good compromise. Speech sounds great, music sounds
      pretty good.

      I don't think it's worth it to sweat file size much. Almost all
      podcast listeners have broadband, and drive space and MP3 storage
      space are such that the difference between a 20 MB file and a 30 MB
      file isn't going to be a make-or-break difference for anyone. If it
      is, they're probably not listening to podcasts anyway.

      http://www.escapepod.org