Kore New Media is seeking hosts & producers

  • Walt Snider
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2008
      I'm looking to add some new hosts to Kore New Media, Florida's largest
      podcast group.

      We have 7 active shows already, we're looking forward to another 3 in 2009,
      one of which will be video. The more popular shows are Kore News, Kore
      Groove and Kore RPG. We produce nearly a gig of content each month. 2009
      will have us pushing about 1.5 gigs per month.

      Priority will be given to D&D 3.5 players for our D&D gameplay podcast (our
      most popular show). Living in South Florida is a plus!

      We've got about 1,700 unique listeners across all shows and look forward to
      about 5,000 by the end of 2009. At this point I'll have advertising and will
      hand checks to all talent and producers!

      Even if you're in another show, I'd still like to hear from you if you're
      interested.

      http://www.korenewmedia.com/hosts/hosts_joinus.html

      Walt Snider
      phone: (954) SPY-NEWS
      email: <mailto:walt@...> walt@...
      web: <http://www.waltsnider.com/> www.WaltSnider.com
      blog: www.OffTheWalt.com
      podcasts: <http://www.korenewmedia.com/> www.KoreNewMedia.com

    • Jonathon_M_Johnson@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2008
        Hey Walt-

        Why is it that all of the good stuff happens south from where I live in Colorado or out of state. Grrrr....

        I am an avid D&D 3.5 player and getting into 4.0 now.

        Would love to help you out, but I am just learning the ropes of podcasting and that when my fricking st-55 microphone works on my Mac. Grrrrrrr....

        I am going to try and log in to listen to what the D&D 3.5 is talking about.

        Cheers

        Jonathon M. Johnson
        Colorado

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 8, 2008
          Jonathon,

          Honestly, you don't need to know anything about podcasting, other than you
          want to do it. Phone me after 5pm EST today (preferably between 9 and 10)
          and I'll walk you through a few steps and we'll get you into the game. The
          guy that runs the game is in Minnesota, the fighter is in Mississippi and
          the hexblade and I (the cleric) are in South Florida. All you need to do is
          hook up a mic and get on Skype.

          Bonus: If you can return the ST55, I suggest you do. Don't start big like
          that, especially with a condenser mic. See if your local Office
          Depot/CompUSA/Best Buy has the Microsoft LiveChat LX-3000 headset/mic for
          $40. I have literally tested dozens of USB mics and spent a couple thousand
          doing it and this simple and cheap mic is the BEST for podcasting and it so
          darn simple to set up. Plug the USB in to the side of your PC (Macs are PC's
          as well, don't let the marketing fool you!). Do NOT install the software
          that comes with it.

          If you're not doing anything Saturday, let's get your Skype set up a bit and
          you can listen in to us record a show, if you can have a character to Mark
          (the DM) quick enough, you can actually play the D&D game (we record at 2pm
          EST or thereabouts).

          Give me a call later on today, I'll take care of ya.

          From: "Walt Snider" <waltsnider@... <mailto:waltsnider%40msn.com> >

          email: <mailto:walt@... <mailto:walt%40waltsnider.com> >

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 8, 2008
            DAMN!

            LOL

            Oh sure.... now you tell me not to buy it. Grrrr...... LOL

            I understand that it seems a bit too much, but I wanted the condensor part with the Firebox to tab in my keyboard; so no problem with me buying it.

            Plus.... Their policy is that you can't return microphones because of people could be spitting into the microphone when they talk; so once again, no problem on me buying it.

            So if you want me to call you after 5pm your time, it will be 3pm here in Colorado. So I will try to call close to 9pm your time, which will be 7pm here.

            So get the following info together for tonights talk...

            - Setting up and getting going on podcasting.
            - What microphone to use.
            - What character to make.

            Thanks for helping out.

            Jonathon M. Johnson