Re: [podcasters] Re: Background Music

  • Stephen Nelson
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 3, 2008
      I've used Magnatune twice for theme songs. Non-commercial songs are
      free, commercial licenses are reasonable.

      http://magnatune.com/

      thxdave wrote:
      > James, I'm in somewhat the same situation as you. I need to get some
      > video production music for projects I'm working on and a fellow video
      > buddy of mine pointed me to this software:
      >
      > http://www.smartsound.com/
      >
      > He's been using it for a while and, from what he's told me, the cool
      > thing about this is that you can create your own mixes (pull out parts
      > you don't want, fade instruments in or out, etc.) and tailor the music
      > to your project. Again, I haven't bought this yet but it is also based
      > on the model of buying the disks you need and the "basic" software
      > mixer is free. The premium version with all the controls is $149, IIRC.
      >
      > dave
      >

      > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "James Wadsworth"
      > <goleafsgo_james@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Hey Everyone,
      >>
      >> I'm about to move into video with my podcast and I am very excited
      >> about this. But there is one thing that I'm not sure about: background
      >> music. I've recently been watching the Zune Insider podcast and they
      >> play a background track during the video. I want to do the same but I
      >> don't have any music that I could use.
      >>
      >> Do any of you know of the best way to find background tracks for this
      >> purpose? I've tried the Podsafe Music network but I have trouble
      >> searching and finding tracks. Any ideas?
      >>
      >> Thanks,
      >> ~James Wadsworth
      >>
      >> --
      >> LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast
      >> http://radio.laml.org/

    • Rev. David Grizzly Smith
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 3, 2008
        It was 2 Oct 2008, when James Wadsworth commented:

        > Hey Everyone,
        >
        > I'm about to move into video with my podcast and I am very excited
        > about this. But there is one thing that I'm not sure about: background
        > music. I've recently been watching the Zune Insider podcast and they play a
        > background track during the video. I want to do the same but I don't have
        > any music that I could use.
        >
        > Do any of you know of the best way to find background tracks for this
        > purpose? I've tried the Podsafe Music network but I have trouble
        > searching and finding tracks. Any ideas?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > ~James Wadsworth

        For general-purpose music you can use for most stuff, without the music
        overwhelming what you have to say, try Kevin MacLeod's music from
        http://www.incompetech.com Not brilliant, but you don't want brilliant
        music, you want good music that doesn't interfere with your message.

        Kevin's good on that.

        Hope that helps.

        --

        Grizzly's Growls Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>