Re: Background Music

  • Cian Mac Mahon
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 3 1:45 PM
      Well, the intro and all music within my Starting WoW show use DJ.
      check www.StartingWoW.com for that. I also used DJ for the Penn and
      Teller skit in VFTQ at http://www.viewfromthequad.com/2008/09/06/vftq-116-horsest-explicit
      . It is about half way into the show.

      Cian
      Cian Mac Mahon
      Professional Podcaster
      Available for voice work, consulting

      www.viewfromthequad.com
      www.StartingWoW.com
    • Stephen Nelson
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 3 2:13 PM
        I've used Magnatune twice for theme songs. Non-commercial songs are
        free, commercial licenses are reasonable.

        http://magnatune.com/

        thxdave wrote:
        > James, I'm in somewhat the same situation as you. I need to get some
        > video production music for projects I'm working on and a fellow video
        > buddy of mine pointed me to this software:
        >
        > http://www.smartsound.com/
        >
        > He's been using it for a while and, from what he's told me, the cool
        > thing about this is that you can create your own mixes (pull out parts
        > you don't want, fade instruments in or out, etc.) and tailor the music
        > to your project. Again, I haven't bought this yet but it is also based
        > on the model of buying the disks you need and the "basic" software
        > mixer is free. The premium version with all the controls is $149, IIRC.
        >
        > dave
        >

        > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "James Wadsworth"
        > <goleafsgo_james@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Hey Everyone,
        >>
        >> I'm about to move into video with my podcast and I am very excited
        >> about this. But there is one thing that I'm not sure about: background
        >> music. I've recently been watching the Zune Insider podcast and they
        >> play a background track during the video. I want to do the same but I
        >> don't have any music that I could use.
        >>
        >> Do any of you know of the best way to find background tracks for this
        >> purpose? I've tried the Podsafe Music network but I have trouble
        >> searching and finding tracks. Any ideas?
        >>
        >> Thanks,
        >> ~James Wadsworth
        >>
        >> --
        >> LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast
        >> http://radio.laml.org/

      • Rev. David Grizzly Smith
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 3 11:25 PM
          It was 2 Oct 2008, when James Wadsworth commented:

          > Hey Everyone,
          >
          > I'm about to move into video with my podcast and I am very excited
          > about this. But there is one thing that I'm not sure about: background
          > music. I've recently been watching the Zune Insider podcast and they play a
          > background track during the video. I want to do the same but I don't have
          > any music that I could use.
          >
          > Do any of you know of the best way to find background tracks for this
          > purpose? I've tried the Podsafe Music network but I have trouble
          > searching and finding tracks. Any ideas?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > ~James Wadsworth

          For general-purpose music you can use for most stuff, without the music
          overwhelming what you have to say, try Kevin MacLeod's music from
          http://www.incompetech.com Not brilliant, but you don't want brilliant
          music, you want good music that doesn't interfere with your message.

          Kevin's good on that.

          Hope that helps.

          --

          Grizzly's Growls Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>