Re: Background Music

  • thxdave
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 3, 2008
      James, I'm in somewhat the same situation as you. I need to get some
      video production music for projects I'm working on and a fellow video
      buddy of mine pointed me to this software:

      http://www.smartsound.com/

      He's been using it for a while and, from what he's told me, the cool
      thing about this is that you can create your own mixes (pull out parts
      you don't want, fade instruments in or out, etc.) and tailor the music
      to your project. Again, I haven't bought this yet but it is also based
      on the model of buying the disks you need and the "basic" software
      mixer is free. The premium version with all the controls is $149, IIRC.

      dave

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "James Wadsworth"
      <goleafsgo_james@...> wrote:

      > Hey Everyone,
      >
      > I'm about to move into video with my podcast and I am very excited
      > about this. But there is one thing that I'm not sure about: background
      > music. I've recently been watching the Zune Insider podcast and they
      > play a background track during the video. I want to do the same but I
      > don't have any music that I could use.
      >
      > Do any of you know of the best way to find background tracks for this
      > purpose? I've tried the Podsafe Music network but I have trouble
      > searching and finding tracks. Any ideas?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > ~James Wadsworth
      >
      > --
      > LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast
      > http://radio.laml.org/

    • Cian Mac Mahon
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 3, 2008
        Well, the intro and all music within my Starting WoW show use DJ.
        check www.StartingWoW.com for that. I also used DJ for the Penn and
        Teller skit in VFTQ at http://www.viewfromthequad.com/2008/09/06/vftq-116-horsest-explicit
        . It is about half way into the show.

        Cian
        Cian Mac Mahon
        Professional Podcaster
        Available for voice work, consulting

        www.viewfromthequad.com
        www.StartingWoW.com
      • Stephen Nelson
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 3, 2008
          I've used Magnatune twice for theme songs. Non-commercial songs are
          free, commercial licenses are reasonable.

          http://magnatune.com/

          thxdave wrote:
          > James, I'm in somewhat the same situation as you. I need to get some
          > video production music for projects I'm working on and a fellow video
          > buddy of mine pointed me to this software:
          >
          > http://www.smartsound.com/
          >
          > He's been using it for a while and, from what he's told me, the cool
          > thing about this is that you can create your own mixes (pull out parts
          > you don't want, fade instruments in or out, etc.) and tailor the music
          > to your project. Again, I haven't bought this yet but it is also based
          > on the model of buying the disks you need and the "basic" software
          > mixer is free. The premium version with all the controls is $149, IIRC.
          >
          > dave
          >

          > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "James Wadsworth"
          > <goleafsgo_james@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Hey Everyone,
          >>
          >> I'm about to move into video with my podcast and I am very excited
          >> about this. But there is one thing that I'm not sure about: background
          >> music. I've recently been watching the Zune Insider podcast and they
          >> play a background track during the video. I want to do the same but I
          >> don't have any music that I could use.
          >>
          >> Do any of you know of the best way to find background tracks for this
          >> purpose? I've tried the Podsafe Music network but I have trouble
          >> searching and finding tracks. Any ideas?
          >>
          >> Thanks,
          >> ~James Wadsworth
          >>
          >> --
          >> LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast
          >> http://radio.laml.org/

        • Rev. David Grizzly Smith
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 3, 2008
            It was 2 Oct 2008, when James Wadsworth commented:

            > Hey Everyone,
            >
            > I'm about to move into video with my podcast and I am very excited
            > about this. But there is one thing that I'm not sure about: background
            > music. I've recently been watching the Zune Insider podcast and they play a
            > background track during the video. I want to do the same but I don't have
            > any music that I could use.
            >
            > Do any of you know of the best way to find background tracks for this
            > purpose? I've tried the Podsafe Music network but I have trouble
            > searching and finding tracks. Any ideas?
            >
            > Thanks,
            > ~James Wadsworth

            For general-purpose music you can use for most stuff, without the music
            overwhelming what you have to say, try Kevin MacLeod's music from
            http://www.incompetech.com Not brilliant, but you don't want brilliant
            music, you want good music that doesn't interfere with your message.

            Kevin's good on that.

            Hope that helps.

            --

            Grizzly's Growls Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>