re: bit rate question ???

  • Joseph Puentes
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2008
      wrote:

      >> I've been playing around with Adobe Audition trying to get the bit
      rate
      >> adjusted to the one of these:
      >>
      >> Common bit rates would be 64 kilobits per second (kbps), 96
      >> kbps, 128 kbps, etc.
      >>
      >> I can achieve different bit rates when I adjust the sample rate as in
      >> when I go from 44.1 khz to 20.1 khz it jumps from 128 kbps to 56 kbps
      >> but when I try to adjust it to the mid point of 32 khz trying for
      the 64
      >> kbps it doesn't move down from the 128 kbps. I think I'm not
      >> understanding what I need to adjust to achieve the 64 kbps and was
      >> wondering if you all knew what I need to adjust I was working with the
      >> Convert Sample Type
      >>

      > You need to convert it to mono before you can encode using a bitrate
      > of 64 kbit at a sample rate of 44.1 KHz. Maybe I didn't make this
      > clear in my initial reply.

      thanks, I've converted to Mono. My problem is that I'm not seeing the
      options. I can see where I can change the sample rate but not where I
      can change the bit rate. when I change the sample rate it changes the
      bit rate but I can't see a direct bit rate changing option and I can't
      find the correct sample rate to give me the desired 64 kbps bit rate I seek.

      thanks for the help.

      joseph

      Joseph Puentes
      http://h2opodcast.com (Environment Podcast)