Re: [podcasters] Re: The End Of Podcasting As We Know It...

  • Paul Puri
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 18, 2008
      On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 10:16 PM, Noble Acuff <noble@...> wrote:

      > PS: as a quick nod to the comments in the thread re: competition from
      > big media players, I think that we independent podcasters have to
      > focus on defining great niches and building audiences within them. For
      > example, if you do a weekly business news show you may have a hard
      > time competing with Business Week for "the top new stories in the
      > business world", but you might do really well by focusing on "the top
      > stories for financial managers in the XYZ industry..." Thoughts?

      I agree about niche content. I would rather have 3000 focused listeners,
      then 10000 casual ones.

      it's also much easier to create content when the subject matter is more
      laser focused. I'm lazy like that.

      Paul Puri

      My Blog
      http://www.paulpuri.blogspot.com

      My updates
      http://www.paulpuri.name

      My podcasting gear recommendations:
      http://podsafegear.com

      Got some thing to say? Just be a Twitter.
      http://twitter.com/paulpuri

      Promotion without shame.
      Podcasting Announcements