Libsyn problem

  • Dan Hughes
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2008
      Help!

      I just joined libsyn, and I have a couple of podcasts up, and they are at
      http://danhughes.libsyn.com/rss/treasure .

      Sometimes when I go to that URL I get the "Subscribe" screen, with the
      RSS button up top and my shownotes below, which is fine.

      But other times I get just the raw code:

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
      - <rss version="2.0"
      xmlns:cc="http://web.resource.org/cc/"
      xmlns:itunes="http://www.itunes.com/dtds/podcast-1.0.dtd">
      - <channel>
      <title>In the Corner with Dan (treasure)</title>
      <link>http://danhughes.libsyn.com</link>
      <description>New Show Uploads Every Two Weeks - Interviews, News, Tips
      and Tricks, with your host Dan Hughes Please leave phone messages at
      317-641-4497, email and mp3 voicers to
      danhughesmail@...</description>
      <language>en</language>
      <copyright>2008</copyright>
      <managingEditor>danhughes@... (Dan Hughes)</managingEditor>
      <webMaster>podcasts@... (Liberated Syndication)</webMaster>
      <generator>Liberated Syndication - libsyn.com</generator>
      <lastBuildDate>Thu, 04 Sep 2008 03:07:00 GMT</lastBuildDate>
      <ttl>180</ttl>
      - <itunes:category text="">
      <itunes:category text="Sports" />
      </itunes:category>
      <itunes:keywords>treasure hunting metal detecting
      detectors</itunes:keywords>
      - <item>
      <title>001-080904 In the Treasure Corner - Vlad and Carol</title>
      <link>http://danhughes.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=374596#</link>
      - <description>
      - <![CDATA[
      In Tips & Tricks, a tip to keep dirt from caking under your
      fingernails when you dig.<br/><br/>Then an interview with Vlad and Carol
      Kononov, founders of the Friendly Metal Detecting Forum,
      http://metaldetectingforum.com.<br/><br/>Please send your Tips and Tricks
      to danhughesmail@..., either as email or as mp3 voicer
      uploads.<br/>
      ]]>
      </description>
      <category>treasure</category>
      <pubDate>Thu, 4 Sep 2008 03:07:00 GMT</pubDate>
      <guid
      isPermaLink="true">http://danhughes.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=374596#<
      /guid>
      <author>danhughes@...</author>
      <itunes:duration>00:09:26</itunes:duration>
      <itunes:keywords>treasure hunting, metal detecting, detectors,
      treasure</itunes:keywords>
      <itunes:author>Dan Hughes</itunes:author>
      <itunes:explicit>Clean</itunes:explicit>
      <enclosure
      url="http://media.libsyn.com/media/danhughes/001-080904vladcarol.mp3"
      length="9017887" type="audio/mpeg" />
      </item>
      - <item>
      <title>000-080821 In the Treasure Corner - Introduction</title>
      <link>http://danhughes.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=374594#</link>
      - <description>
      - <![CDATA[
      First podcast - Wherein the podcaster introduces himself, and then
      outlines the goals of the series.<br/>
      ]]>
      </description>
      <category>treasure</category>
      <pubDate>Fri, 22 Aug 2008 03:05:00 GMT</pubDate>
      <guid
      isPermaLink="true">http://danhughes.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=374594#<
      /guid>
      <author>danhughes@...</author>
      <itunes:duration>00:02:40</itunes:duration>
      <itunes:keywords>treasure hunting, metal detecting, detectors,
      treasure</itunes:keywords>
      <itunes:author>Dan Hughes</itunes:author>
      <itunes:explicit>Clean</itunes:explicit>
      <enclosure
      url="http://media.libsyn.com/media/danhughes/000-080821introtreasure.mp3"
      length="2562090" type="audio/mpeg" />
      </item>
      </channel>
      </rss>

      What is going on here???

      Thanks!

      ---Dan

    • Andy Bilodeau
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2008
        Hi Dan,

        That URL is really only meaning full to podcatchers or RSS readers.
        It's the actual feed that contains the information about your podcast
        that isn't really intended for human eyes.

        You should be visiting the http://danhughes.libsyn.com/ to access
        your podcast site.

        Good luck and congrats for getting started!

        Andy Bilodeau
        http://andycast.net

      • Dan Hughes
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2008
          Thanks, Andy. The problem with going to the main site
          (danhughes.libsyn.com) is that I house two completely different podcasts
          there, and by splitting them into /rss/treasure and /rss/softball, fans
          of one don't see the other.

          The libsyn tech staff checked it out, and they told me that the browser I
          was using when I had the problem could not read the rss material, so
          simply showed what it saw rather than what it was supposed to interpret.

          The browser in question is the version of "Explorer lite" that comes with
          the Juno email program.

          Bottom line is that the only people who will have problems with the URL
          are those who use the Juno internet connection.

          I'll write Juno and see if they can do a fix at their end.

          Thanks,

          ---Dan