Re: [podcasters] Evo with yet another show?

  • Stephen Nelson
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 3 8:24 PM
      Good to have you back, Evo! We missed you.

      Evo Terra wrote:
      > Many of you will recall a few weeks back when I used this list to
      > announce the creation of a new community-based podcasting studio and
      > the launch of a new podcast that did not feature me. That's a good use
      > of this list -- to alert people to new ways of using the podcasting
      > medium. With luck, that post of mine may encourage others to do
      > something similar. I've seen what having a local podcasting studio can
      > do to connect and energize a community, and it is good.
      >
      > This email is the exact opposite. Feel free to hit delete right now.
      >
      > I'm back. Yeah, a new show from me after 14 months of self-induced
      > hiatus from podcasting. The show is called Evo at 11 and can be found
      > at http://evoat11.com for those inclined to listen. Not that I
      > recommend it, you understand.
      >
      > The show has little in the way of a point and if you ask me what it is
      > about, I'd say "me". I make this announcement here simply because I
      > was asked to. Guess being an old man of podcasting has its privilege.
      > Or allows me to take privileges. Or just means I'm a bastard. I'm good
      > with all three.
      >
      > As way of a brief CV to those saying "who the hell is Evo?", I've been
      > podcasting since October 14, 2004. I'm the co-author of Podcasting for
      > Dummies and Expert Podcasting Practices for Dummies. I'm the
      > co-founder of Podioboks.com. I'm the "Wash dies" guy. I'm the guy who
      > got all the podcasters and skeptics drunk as hell for two nights in
      > Atlanta last weekend. And I used to be really active on this list. Now
      > days... not so much. Oh, and I was at one time Dan Klass' arch
      > nemesis. I won some podcasting award and managed to get kicked off a
      > hugely popular AM radio station because of my mouth.
      >
      > Not that any of that means you should listen. You did see my "hit
      > delete right now" note earlier, yes?
      >
      > E.
      > --
      > Evo Terra

    • Erk Pod
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 3 9:39 PM
        On the contrary, Evo! I love hearing more about the people behind the
        mic. I will have a listen for sure!

        --
        Erk

        Erk Pod: all Erk, all the time ..... and then some!
        Sydney, Australia
        http://www.erkpod.com.au
      • Kevin
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 4 12:17 AM
          Indeed...I heard the show and I can say...I'm hooked.

          Kevin
          sisco83@...
          http://www.gcast.com/u/kjsisco