Re: Evo with yet another show?

  • Cian Mac Mahon
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 3, 2008
      I have only one thing to say:

      About TIME!

      That is all.

      *Subscribes*
      Cian Mac Mahon
      Professional Podcaster
      Available for voice work, consulting

      www.viewfromthequad.com
      www.StartingWoW.com
    • Kevin
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 3, 2008
        I must say...I like your style. My own podcast is a bit edgy at times.
        Reading your email gave me a great deal of respect for you and you can be sure that I plan to listen to your show.

        Kevin
        sisco83@...
        http://www.gcast.com/u/kjsisco

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 3, 2008
          Good to have you back, Evo! We missed you.

          Evo Terra wrote:
          > Many of you will recall a few weeks back when I used this list to
          > announce the creation of a new community-based podcasting studio and
          > the launch of a new podcast that did not feature me. That's a good use
          > of this list -- to alert people to new ways of using the podcasting
          > medium. With luck, that post of mine may encourage others to do
          > something similar. I've seen what having a local podcasting studio can
          > do to connect and energize a community, and it is good.
          >
          > This email is the exact opposite. Feel free to hit delete right now.
          >
          > I'm back. Yeah, a new show from me after 14 months of self-induced
          > hiatus from podcasting. The show is called Evo at 11 and can be found
          > at http://evoat11.com for those inclined to listen. Not that I
          > recommend it, you understand.
          >
          > The show has little in the way of a point and if you ask me what it is
          > about, I'd say "me". I make this announcement here simply because I
          > was asked to. Guess being an old man of podcasting has its privilege.
          > Or allows me to take privileges. Or just means I'm a bastard. I'm good
          > with all three.
          >
          > As way of a brief CV to those saying "who the hell is Evo?", I've been
          > podcasting since October 14, 2004. I'm the co-author of Podcasting for
          > Dummies and Expert Podcasting Practices for Dummies. I'm the
          > co-founder of Podioboks.com. I'm the "Wash dies" guy. I'm the guy who
          > got all the podcasters and skeptics drunk as hell for two nights in
          > Atlanta last weekend. And I used to be really active on this list. Now
          > days... not so much. Oh, and I was at one time Dan Klass' arch
          > nemesis. I won some podcasting award and managed to get kicked off a
          > hugely popular AM radio station because of my mouth.
          >
          > Not that any of that means you should listen. You did see my "hit
          > delete right now" note earlier, yes?
          >
          > E.
          > --
          > Evo Terra

        • Erk Pod
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 3, 2008
            On the contrary, Evo! I love hearing more about the people behind the
            mic. I will have a listen for sure!

            --
            Erk

            Erk Pod: all Erk, all the time ..... and then some!
            Sydney, Australia
            http://www.erkpod.com.au
          • Kevin
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 4, 2008
              Indeed...I heard the show and I can say...I'm hooked.

              Kevin
              sisco83@...
              http://www.gcast.com/u/kjsisco