Re: [podcasters] Evo with yet another show?

  • Paul Puri
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 3, 2008
      On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Evo Terra <evo@...> wrote:

      > Not that any of that means you should listen. You did see my "hit
      > delete right now" note earlier, yes?

      As affirmation that you have 'made it' I subscribed days ago after reading
      about the show on your blog.

      http://funanymore.com/

      I enjoyed the recent episode, and have learned a thing or 3 about
      prostitutes. Not that my knowledge was really lacking...... But I digress.

      I have downloaded the other episodes and look forward to listening to them
      in today's commute.

      Evo is back!!!

      Paul Puri

      My updates:
      http://www.paulpuri.name

      My blog:
      http://paulpuri.blogspot.com

      My podcasting gear recommendations:
      http://podsafegear.com

      My Twitter
      http://twitter.com/paulpuri

    • Cian Mac Mahon
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 3, 2008
        I have only one thing to say:

        About TIME!

        That is all.

        *Subscribes*
        Cian Mac Mahon
        Professional Podcaster
        Available for voice work, consulting

        www.viewfromthequad.com
        www.StartingWoW.com
      • Kevin
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 3, 2008
          I must say...I like your style. My own podcast is a bit edgy at times.
          Reading your email gave me a great deal of respect for you and you can be sure that I plan to listen to your show.

          Kevin
          sisco83@...
          http://www.gcast.com/u/kjsisco

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 3, 2008
            Good to have you back, Evo! We missed you.

            Evo Terra wrote:
            > Many of you will recall a few weeks back when I used this list to
            > announce the creation of a new community-based podcasting studio and
            > the launch of a new podcast that did not feature me. That's a good use
            > of this list -- to alert people to new ways of using the podcasting
            > medium. With luck, that post of mine may encourage others to do
            > something similar. I've seen what having a local podcasting studio can
            > do to connect and energize a community, and it is good.
            >
            > This email is the exact opposite. Feel free to hit delete right now.
            >
            > I'm back. Yeah, a new show from me after 14 months of self-induced
            > hiatus from podcasting. The show is called Evo at 11 and can be found
            > at http://evoat11.com for those inclined to listen. Not that I
            > recommend it, you understand.
            >
            > The show has little in the way of a point and if you ask me what it is
            > about, I'd say "me". I make this announcement here simply because I
            > was asked to. Guess being an old man of podcasting has its privilege.
            > Or allows me to take privileges. Or just means I'm a bastard. I'm good
            > with all three.
            >
            > As way of a brief CV to those saying "who the hell is Evo?", I've been
            > podcasting since October 14, 2004. I'm the co-author of Podcasting for
            > Dummies and Expert Podcasting Practices for Dummies. I'm the
            > co-founder of Podioboks.com. I'm the "Wash dies" guy. I'm the guy who
            > got all the podcasters and skeptics drunk as hell for two nights in
            > Atlanta last weekend. And I used to be really active on this list. Now
            > days... not so much. Oh, and I was at one time Dan Klass' arch
            > nemesis. I won some podcasting award and managed to get kicked off a
            > hugely popular AM radio station because of my mouth.
            >
            > Not that any of that means you should listen. You did see my "hit
            > delete right now" note earlier, yes?
            >
            > E.
            > --
            > Evo Terra

          • Erk Pod
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 3, 2008
              On the contrary, Evo! I love hearing more about the people behind the
              mic. I will have a listen for sure!

              --
              Erk

              Erk Pod: all Erk, all the time ..... and then some!
              Sydney, Australia
              http://www.erkpod.com.au
            • Kevin
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 4, 2008
                Indeed...I heard the show and I can say...I'm hooked.

                Kevin
                sisco83@...
                http://www.gcast.com/u/kjsisco