Evo with yet another show?

  • Evo Terra
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 3 9:52 AM
      Many of you will recall a few weeks back when I used this list to
      announce the creation of a new community-based podcasting studio and
      the launch of a new podcast that did not feature me. That's a good use
      of this list -- to alert people to new ways of using the podcasting
      medium. With luck, that post of mine may encourage others to do
      something similar. I've seen what having a local podcasting studio can
      do to connect and energize a community, and it is good.

      This email is the exact opposite. Feel free to hit delete right now.

      I'm back. Yeah, a new show from me after 14 months of self-induced
      hiatus from podcasting. The show is called Evo at 11 and can be found
      at http://evoat11.com for those inclined to listen. Not that I
      recommend it, you understand.

      The show has little in the way of a point and if you ask me what it is
      about, I'd say "me". I make this announcement here simply because I
      was asked to. Guess being an old man of podcasting has its privilege.
      Or allows me to take privileges. Or just means I'm a bastard. I'm good
      with all three.

      As way of a brief CV to those saying "who the hell is Evo?", I've been
      podcasting since October 14, 2004. I'm the co-author of Podcasting for
      Dummies and Expert Podcasting Practices for Dummies. I'm the
      co-founder of Podioboks.com. I'm the "Wash dies" guy. I'm the guy who
      got all the podcasters and skeptics drunk as hell for two nights in
      Atlanta last weekend. And I used to be really active on this list. Now
      days... not so much. Oh, and I was at one time Dan Klass' arch
      nemesis. I won some podcasting award and managed to get kicked off a
      hugely popular AM radio station because of my mouth.

      Not that any of that means you should listen. You did see my "hit
      delete right now" note earlier, yes?

      E.
      --
      Evo Terra
    • Paul Puri
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 3 10:54 AM
        On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Evo Terra <evo@...> wrote:

        > Not that any of that means you should listen. You did see my "hit
        > delete right now" note earlier, yes?

        As affirmation that you have 'made it' I subscribed days ago after reading
        about the show on your blog.

        http://funanymore.com/

        I enjoyed the recent episode, and have learned a thing or 3 about
        prostitutes. Not that my knowledge was really lacking...... But I digress.

        I have downloaded the other episodes and look forward to listening to them
        in today's commute.

        Evo is back!!!

        Paul Puri

        My updates:
        http://www.paulpuri.name

        My blog:
        http://paulpuri.blogspot.com

        My podcasting gear recommendations:
        http://podsafegear.com

        My Twitter
        http://twitter.com/paulpuri

      • Cian Mac Mahon
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 3 1:38 PM
          I have only one thing to say:

          About TIME!

          That is all.

          *Subscribes*
          Cian Mac Mahon
          Professional Podcaster
          Available for voice work, consulting

          www.viewfromthequad.com
          www.StartingWoW.com
        • Kevin
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 3 3:13 PM
            I must say...I like your style. My own podcast is a bit edgy at times.
            Reading your email gave me a great deal of respect for you and you can be sure that I plan to listen to your show.

            Kevin
            sisco83@...
            http://www.gcast.com/u/kjsisco

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 3 8:24 PM
              Good to have you back, Evo! We missed you.

              Evo Terra wrote:
              > Many of you will recall a few weeks back when I used this list to
              > announce the creation of a new community-based podcasting studio and
              > the launch of a new podcast that did not feature me. That's a good use
              > of this list -- to alert people to new ways of using the podcasting
              > medium. With luck, that post of mine may encourage others to do
              > something similar. I've seen what having a local podcasting studio can
              > do to connect and energize a community, and it is good.
              >
              > This email is the exact opposite. Feel free to hit delete right now.
              >
              > I'm back. Yeah, a new show from me after 14 months of self-induced
              > hiatus from podcasting. The show is called Evo at 11 and can be found
              > at http://evoat11.com for those inclined to listen. Not that I
              > recommend it, you understand.
              >
              > The show has little in the way of a point and if you ask me what it is
              > about, I'd say "me". I make this announcement here simply because I
              > was asked to. Guess being an old man of podcasting has its privilege.
              > Or allows me to take privileges. Or just means I'm a bastard. I'm good
              > with all three.
              >
              > As way of a brief CV to those saying "who the hell is Evo?", I've been
              > podcasting since October 14, 2004. I'm the co-author of Podcasting for
              > Dummies and Expert Podcasting Practices for Dummies. I'm the
              > co-founder of Podioboks.com. I'm the "Wash dies" guy. I'm the guy who
              > got all the podcasters and skeptics drunk as hell for two nights in
              > Atlanta last weekend. And I used to be really active on this list. Now
              > days... not so much. Oh, and I was at one time Dan Klass' arch
              > nemesis. I won some podcasting award and managed to get kicked off a
              > hugely popular AM radio station because of my mouth.
              >
              > Not that any of that means you should listen. You did see my "hit
              > delete right now" note earlier, yes?
              >
              > E.
              > --
              > Evo Terra

            • Erk Pod
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 3 9:39 PM
                On the contrary, Evo! I love hearing more about the people behind the
                mic. I will have a listen for sure!

                --
                Erk

                Erk Pod: all Erk, all the time ..... and then some!
                Sydney, Australia
                http://www.erkpod.com.au
              • Kevin
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 4 12:17 AM
                  Indeed...I heard the show and I can say...I'm hooked.

                  Kevin
                  sisco83@...
                  http://www.gcast.com/u/kjsisco