Re: [podcasters] OMG TEH INTERNETZ WILL HURT UR CHILDRN!

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 11, 2008
      On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 6:22 PM, Kevin <sisco83@...> wrote:
      > Okay, it is true that certain music can "bend" brainwaves but come on! Sounds like a bunch of atipodcast propaganda by the conservatives.

      "Antipodcast propaganda?" The article didn't even mention podcasting.

      I was less surprised when I read the article and saw who the author
      was. Kim Komando is essentially the Ann Coulter of technology
      reporting. She's shrill, self-aggrandizing, often misinformed, and
      listened to by millions because her confidence aligns with their
      ignorance to make them feel smarter.

      If anyone really wants to know more about this phenomenon, I'd suggest
      Wikipedia as a fast start. Binaural beats are real. The stupidity is
      in the screechy label ("digital drugs") and trying to freak parents
      out about it. The _documented_ psychotropic effect of binaural beats
      seems to be about as intense as that of chamomile tea.

      http://www.escapepod.org