Re: [podcasters] Creative Commons

  • Matthew Wayne Selznick
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 6, 2008
      On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 9:46 AM, tempustemper <MRinger@...> wrote:
      > was wondering what other bands like NIN are using Creative Commons and
      > how would i find out? This is the stuff I want to be playing in my
      > podcast.

      I've played Harvey Danger, Tanya Donnelly, Kristen Hirsch, Brenda Khan
      and the Dharmas on my DIY Endeavors and Sonitotum podcasts over the
      years -- all are former or current major label artists who are either
      now independent or who embrace podcasts, with or without Creative
      Commons licenses.

      Try Garageband.com for lots of amazing stuff, too. I was one of the
      first podcasters to play Jonathan Coulton and Samantha Murphy, back in
      the day... found 'em both on Garageband, and look at them now..!

      Finally, there are net labels like Dying Giraffe and Magnatune that
      have awesome catalogs with varying by podcast-friendly permissions.

      --
      Matthew Wayne Selznick
      Author, Podcaster