Re: [podcasters] Podpress VS Powerpress.

  • Todd Cochrane
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 5, 2008
      All

      We built the PowerPress plugin over the past "week" to support our
      Premium Publishing Service at Blubrry. It is not designed to be a
      Podpress competitor. It's a lightweight podcast plugin for our
      customers, and those using our, or other third party stats service.

      We have thousands of members on Blubrry & TechPodcasts.com most of which
      host their web sites using Wordpress. With the launch of our latest
      services (Podcast Publishing Premium
      <https://secure.blubrry.com/product.php?p=3> and Podcast Publishing
      Premium with Hosting <https://secure.blubrry.com/product.php?p=4>), we
      found it necessary to offer a podcasting plugin that can support
      episodes posted from our system. The task was simple: develop a
      Wordpress podcasting plugin that stores podcast episodes the way
      Wordpress (natively) expects them! Now our Publishing members /
      customers can publish their episodes through our system which cross
      posts their podcast episodes to their Wordpress blog and have fully
      compliant validated RSS feeds with optimized iTunes / Zune Market place
      support.

      Being we have our own stats service (
      http://www.blubrry.com/podcast_statistics/ ) that we spent many months
      developing in which several thousand people are using, along with a
      number of commercial media networks, we did not add any stats components
      to the plugin as we already have a statistics solution that is a very
      comprehensive product. Blubrry Stats provides statistical information
      that will never be capable of being replicated in a plugin.

      We look forward to everyones feedback and like all of our products will
      mature over time.

      Todd Cochrane
      CEO RawVoice