Re: [podcasters] Re: Podpress VS Powerpress.

  • Todd Cochrane
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 5, 2008
      Steve

      I think we have like 40 hours of code into the plugin, and while we
      will never have some of the features podpress has it serves the purpose
      we have designed it for. But I think you will find that beyond stats
      their is nothing this plugin lacks and if you want stats we have free
      stats available to blubrry members.

      Todd..

      Steve Riekeberg wrote:

      > If only to be devi's advocate, I must point out that Powerpress is only at
      > version 0.1.1, and podPress is a mature and stable product. It's not
      > exactly
      > fair to directly compare Powerpress when it's obviously very early in its
      > development and probably has some time before it reaches maturity.
      > Remember
      > podpress has been around for some time now.
      >
      > Steve Riekeberg
      > Host, Geek Cred
      > <http://www.geekcred.net <http://www.geekcred.net>>
      >
      > On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 6:07 PM, Cian Mac Mahon <cianmm@...
      > <mailto:cianmm%40gmail.com>> wrote:
      >
      > > I know that competition is better, I was just wondering if anybody
      > > could offer reasons as to why it might be better.
      > >
      > > I'm away from the desk at the moment, but once I get back I will try
      > > it out on a site and see if it is different.
      > >
      > > As for the lack of stats with powerpress, this is to encourage you to
      > > use blubrry stats. I use external stats anyway, but I see how this
      > > could be a problem.
      > >
      > > However, it works in 2.6. Which is good. (I still havnt upgraded from
      > > 2.5 on any of my sites)
      > >
      > > Sent from my iPod

    • Todd Cochrane
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 5, 2008
        All

        We built the PowerPress plugin over the past "week" to support our
        Premium Publishing Service at Blubrry. It is not designed to be a
        Podpress competitor. It's a lightweight podcast plugin for our
        customers, and those using our, or other third party stats service.

        We have thousands of members on Blubrry & TechPodcasts.com most of which
        host their web sites using Wordpress. With the launch of our latest
        services (Podcast Publishing Premium
        <https://secure.blubrry.com/product.php?p=3> and Podcast Publishing
        Premium with Hosting <https://secure.blubrry.com/product.php?p=4>), we
        found it necessary to offer a podcasting plugin that can support
        episodes posted from our system. The task was simple: develop a
        Wordpress podcasting plugin that stores podcast episodes the way
        Wordpress (natively) expects them! Now our Publishing members /
        customers can publish their episodes through our system which cross
        posts their podcast episodes to their Wordpress blog and have fully
        compliant validated RSS feeds with optimized iTunes / Zune Market place
        support.

        Being we have our own stats service (
        http://www.blubrry.com/podcast_statistics/ ) that we spent many months
        developing in which several thousand people are using, along with a
        number of commercial media networks, we did not add any stats components
        to the plugin as we already have a statistics solution that is a very
        comprehensive product. Blubrry Stats provides statistical information
        that will never be capable of being replicated in a plugin.

        We look forward to everyones feedback and like all of our products will
        mature over time.

        Todd Cochrane
        CEO RawVoice