Re: [podcasters] Podpress VS Powerpress.

  • Waldo O
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 5, 2008
      I just installed it for kicks. Ya, it does have a converter thing built
      in. No its not better. Stick with PodPress.

      --
      Waleed "Waldo" Ovase
      Executive Producer

      "...you know what? I still get out of bed
      every day and make coffee, smoke some crack cocaine, put on my Richard
      Nixon mask and foam rubber cowboy hat and go to work like everyone
      else..."
      - Edward Morris

    • Shawn Thorpe
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 5, 2008
        I don't see any built-in stat support with Powerpress. Yes, it has
        third-party stat support. But podPress has its own stat system that you can
        access from within WordPress. That's reason enough for me NOT to switch
        away from podPress.

        -Shawn

      • Waldo O
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 5, 2008
          That and cosmetic reasons. The two players that podpress supports, look
          ALOT better than the one player that powerpress has...

          On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 20:13, Shawn Thorpe <shawnogordo@...> wrote:

          > I don't see any built-in stat support with Powerpress. Yes, it has
          > third-party stat support. But podPress has its own stat system that you can
          > access from within WordPress. That's reason enough for me NOT to switch
          > away from podPress.
          >
          > -Shawn

          Waleed "Waldo" Ovase
          Executive Producer
          Giant Gnome Productions
          www.giantgnome.com
          MCCAIN FTW

          "...you know what? I still get out of bed
          every day and make coffee, smoke some crack cocaine, put on my Richard
          Nixon mask and foam rubber cowboy hat and go to work like everyone
          else..."
          - Edward Morris

        • Cian Mac Mahon
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 5, 2008
            I know that competition is better, I was just wondering if anybody
            could offer reasons as to why it might be better.

            I'm away from the desk at the moment, but once I get back I will try
            it out on a site and see if it is different.

            As for the lack of stats with powerpress, this is to encourage you to
            use blubrry stats. I use external stats anyway, but I see how this
            could be a problem.

            However, it works in 2.6. Which is good. (I still havnt upgraded from
            2.5 on any of my sites)

            Sent from my iPod
          • Steve Riekeberg
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 5, 2008
              If only to be devi's advocate, I must point out that Powerpress is only at
              version 0.1.1, and podPress is a mature and stable product. It's not exactly
              fair to directly compare Powerpress when it's obviously very early in its
              development and probably has some time before it reaches maturity. Remember
              podpress has been around for some time now.

              Steve Riekeberg
              Host, Geek Cred
              <http://www.geekcred.net>

              On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 6:07 PM, Cian Mac Mahon <cianmm@...> wrote:

              > I know that competition is better, I was just wondering if anybody
              > could offer reasons as to why it might be better.
              >
              > I'm away from the desk at the moment, but once I get back I will try
              > it out on a site and see if it is different.
              >
              > As for the lack of stats with powerpress, this is to encourage you to
              > use blubrry stats. I use external stats anyway, but I see how this
              > could be a problem.
              >
              > However, it works in 2.6. Which is good. (I still havnt upgraded from
              > 2.5 on any of my sites)
              >
              > Sent from my iPod

            • Todd Cochrane
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 5, 2008
                Steve

                I think we have like 40 hours of code into the plugin, and while we
                will never have some of the features podpress has it serves the purpose
                we have designed it for. But I think you will find that beyond stats
                their is nothing this plugin lacks and if you want stats we have free
                stats available to blubrry members.

                Todd..

                Steve Riekeberg wrote:

                > If only to be devi's advocate, I must point out that Powerpress is only at
                > version 0.1.1, and podPress is a mature and stable product. It's not
                > exactly
                > fair to directly compare Powerpress when it's obviously very early in its
                > development and probably has some time before it reaches maturity.
                > Remember
                > podpress has been around for some time now.
                >
                > Steve Riekeberg
                > Host, Geek Cred
                > <http://www.geekcred.net <http://www.geekcred.net>>
                >
                > On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 6:07 PM, Cian Mac Mahon <cianmm@...
                > <mailto:cianmm%40gmail.com>> wrote:
                >
                > > I know that competition is better, I was just wondering if anybody
                > > could offer reasons as to why it might be better.
                > >
                > > I'm away from the desk at the moment, but once I get back I will try
                > > it out on a site and see if it is different.
                > >
                > > As for the lack of stats with powerpress, this is to encourage you to
                > > use blubrry stats. I use external stats anyway, but I see how this
                > > could be a problem.
                > >
                > > However, it works in 2.6. Which is good. (I still havnt upgraded from
                > > 2.5 on any of my sites)
                > >
                > > Sent from my iPod

              • Todd Cochrane
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 5, 2008
                  All

                  We built the PowerPress plugin over the past "week" to support our
                  Premium Publishing Service at Blubrry. It is not designed to be a
                  Podpress competitor. It's a lightweight podcast plugin for our
                  customers, and those using our, or other third party stats service.

                  We have thousands of members on Blubrry & TechPodcasts.com most of which
                  host their web sites using Wordpress. With the launch of our latest
                  services (Podcast Publishing Premium
                  <https://secure.blubrry.com/product.php?p=3> and Podcast Publishing
                  Premium with Hosting <https://secure.blubrry.com/product.php?p=4>), we
                  found it necessary to offer a podcasting plugin that can support
                  episodes posted from our system. The task was simple: develop a
                  Wordpress podcasting plugin that stores podcast episodes the way
                  Wordpress (natively) expects them! Now our Publishing members /
                  customers can publish their episodes through our system which cross
                  posts their podcast episodes to their Wordpress blog and have fully
                  compliant validated RSS feeds with optimized iTunes / Zune Market place
                  support.

                  Being we have our own stats service (
                  http://www.blubrry.com/podcast_statistics/ ) that we spent many months
                  developing in which several thousand people are using, along with a
                  number of commercial media networks, we did not add any stats components
                  to the plugin as we already have a statistics solution that is a very
                  comprehensive product. Blubrry Stats provides statistical information
                  that will never be capable of being replicated in a plugin.

                  We look forward to everyones feedback and like all of our products will
                  mature over time.

                  Todd Cochrane
                  CEO RawVoice