Re: [podcasters] Hosting service sought

  • Mike Wills
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 5, 2008
      That might be Powweb. I used to use them, but I left when they were having
      issues with load balancing their servers. I am sure 2+ years later they have
      those issues resolved.

      On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Dan Hughes <danhughes@...> wrote:

      > I was on a podcast site a couple of days ago - some guy who was a podcast
      > award winner - and he had an ad for the hosting service he used.
      >
      > The price was $7.77 per month, and it offered something like 750 gigs of
      > web space, 1,000 gigs of bandwith, and you could host an unlimited number
      > of web sites on your space.
      >
      > Now I can't find it.
      >
      > Does that look familiar to anyone?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > ---Dan

      Mike Wills
      mike@...
      Podcast Mike Productions http://podcastmike.com
      Skype: koldark | Ph: 612-605-9821 (on CST or GMT -6)
      Stalk me at http://friendfeed.com/mikewills

      Podcasts:
      Mike's Hotdish -- http://mikeshotdish.com
      Music Remyx -- http://musicremyx.com

    • rusdin@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 5, 2008
        I use lunarpages.com which has similar pricing.

        --*Rob

        On 8/5/08, Mike Wills <mike@...> wrote:
        > That might be Powweb. I used to use them, but I left when they were having
        > issues with load balancing their servers. I am sure 2+ years later they have
        > those issues resolved.
        >
        > On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Dan Hughes <danhughes@...> wrote:
        >
        >> I was on a podcast site a couple of days ago - some guy who was a podcast
        >> award winner - and he had an ad for the hosting service he used.
        >>
        >> The price was $7.77 per month, and it offered something like 750 gigs of
        >> web space, 1,000 gigs of bandwith, and you could host an unlimited number
        >> of web sites on your space.
        >>
        >> Now I can't find it.
        >>
        >> Does that look familiar to anyone?
        >>
        >> Thanks,
        >>
        >> ---Dan

        > Mike Wills
        > mike@...
        > Podcast Mike Productions http://podcastmike.com
        > Skype: koldark | Ph: 612-605-9821 (on CST or GMT -6)
        > Stalk me at http://friendfeed.com/mikewills
        >
        > Podcasts:
        > Mike's Hotdish -- http://mikeshotdish.com
        > Music Remyx -- http://musicremyx.com

      • RV
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 6, 2008
          > The price was $7.77 per month, and it offered something like 750
          gigs of > web space, 1,000 gigs of bandwith, and you could host an
          unlimited number > of web sites on your space.
          > ---Dan

          Dan you might also look into Dreamhost.com; I haven't started with
          them yet because they offer Non-Profits free accounts and I have a
          501c3 exemption. It takes awhile to get the paperwork but in the
          meantime, they said they do offer wordpress and it is Debian Linux if
          that matters

          here is some facts they provide (Terabites, I can't picture that):
          Disk Storage at signup >500 GB
          Automatically Increases Weekly By: 2 GB
          Monthly Bandwidth at signup >5.0 TB
          Automatically Increases Weekly By: 40 GB
          MySQL 5 Databases Unlimited
          Operating System Debian Linux

          User Accounts
          E-Mail Accounts (POP/IMAP) Unlimited
          Full Shell / FTP Users Unlimited
          One-Click Automatic Software Installers:

          WordPress, Gallery, ZenCart, PhpGedView, Pligg, dotProject, Moodle,
          Joomla, phpBB, MediaWiki, WebCalendar, Advanced Poll

          and costs are amazing..
          ]
          Rickey
        • thejabbercast
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 6, 2008
            Netfirms.com

            Netfirms rocks, man. I have many podcasts there... :-)

            BigJD