Re: [podcasters] Hosting service sought

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 5 3:07 PM
      That sounds like the sort of price Dreamhost (http://dreamhost.com) would offer.

      All I will say is that I used to use Dreamhost, and in my experience,
      shared hosts that offer terabytes of bandwidth are rarely able to
      follow through technically on that promise. But if you don't need
      terabytes, it's likely a good deal.

      On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 6:03 PM, Dan Hughes <danhughes@...> wrote:
      > I was on a podcast site a couple of days ago - some guy who was a podcast
      > award winner - and he had an ad for the hosting service he used.
      >
      > The price was $7.77 per month, and it offered something like 750 gigs of
      > web space, 1,000 gigs of bandwith, and you could host an unlimited number
      > of web sites on your space.
      >
      > Now I can't find it.
      >
      > Does that look familiar to anyone?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > ---Dan

      http://www.escapepod.org
    • Mike Wills
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 5 3:24 PM
        That might be Powweb. I used to use them, but I left when they were having
        issues with load balancing their servers. I am sure 2+ years later they have
        those issues resolved.

        On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Dan Hughes <danhughes@...> wrote:

        > I was on a podcast site a couple of days ago - some guy who was a podcast
        > award winner - and he had an ad for the hosting service he used.
        >
        > The price was $7.77 per month, and it offered something like 750 gigs of
        > web space, 1,000 gigs of bandwith, and you could host an unlimited number
        > of web sites on your space.
        >
        > Now I can't find it.
        >
        > Does that look familiar to anyone?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > ---Dan

        Mike Wills
        mike@...
        Podcast Mike Productions http://podcastmike.com
        Skype: koldark | Ph: 612-605-9821 (on CST or GMT -6)
        Stalk me at http://friendfeed.com/mikewills

        Podcasts:
        Mike's Hotdish -- http://mikeshotdish.com
        Music Remyx -- http://musicremyx.com

      • rusdin@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 5 4:13 PM
          I use lunarpages.com which has similar pricing.

          --*Rob

          On 8/5/08, Mike Wills <mike@...> wrote:
          > That might be Powweb. I used to use them, but I left when they were having
          > issues with load balancing their servers. I am sure 2+ years later they have
          > those issues resolved.
          >
          > On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Dan Hughes <danhughes@...> wrote:
          >
          >> I was on a podcast site a couple of days ago - some guy who was a podcast
          >> award winner - and he had an ad for the hosting service he used.
          >>
          >> The price was $7.77 per month, and it offered something like 750 gigs of
          >> web space, 1,000 gigs of bandwith, and you could host an unlimited number
          >> of web sites on your space.
          >>
          >> Now I can't find it.
          >>
          >> Does that look familiar to anyone?
          >>
          >> Thanks,
          >>
          >> ---Dan

          > Mike Wills
          > mike@...
          > Podcast Mike Productions http://podcastmike.com
          > Skype: koldark | Ph: 612-605-9821 (on CST or GMT -6)
          > Stalk me at http://friendfeed.com/mikewills
          >
          > Podcasts:
          > Mike's Hotdish -- http://mikeshotdish.com
          > Music Remyx -- http://musicremyx.com

        • RV
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 6 12:53 AM
            > The price was $7.77 per month, and it offered something like 750
            gigs of > web space, 1,000 gigs of bandwith, and you could host an
            unlimited number > of web sites on your space.
            > ---Dan

            Dan you might also look into Dreamhost.com; I haven't started with
            them yet because they offer Non-Profits free accounts and I have a
            501c3 exemption. It takes awhile to get the paperwork but in the
            meantime, they said they do offer wordpress and it is Debian Linux if
            that matters

            here is some facts they provide (Terabites, I can't picture that):
            Disk Storage at signup >500 GB
            Automatically Increases Weekly By: 2 GB
            Monthly Bandwidth at signup >5.0 TB
            Automatically Increases Weekly By: 40 GB
            MySQL 5 Databases Unlimited
            Operating System Debian Linux

            User Accounts
            E-Mail Accounts (POP/IMAP) Unlimited
            Full Shell / FTP Users Unlimited
            One-Click Automatic Software Installers:

            WordPress, Gallery, ZenCart, PhpGedView, Pligg, dotProject, Moodle,
            Joomla, phpBB, MediaWiki, WebCalendar, Advanced Poll

            and costs are amazing..
            ]
            Rickey
          • thejabbercast
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 6 4:41 AM
              Netfirms.com

              Netfirms rocks, man. I have many podcasts there... :-)

              BigJD