Re: [podcasters] Creative Commons

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2008
      On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 12:46 PM, tempustemper <MRinger@...> wrote:
      > I know that the new NIN Album The Slip is creative commons and they
      > encourage you to use it anyway you want (remix, blog, podcast etc) so i
      > was wondering what other bands like NIN are using Creative Commons and
      > how would i find out? This is the stuff I want to be playing in my
      > podcast.

      http://creativecommons.org is a good place to start.

      http://www.escapepod.org
    • Matthew Wayne Selznick
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 6, 2008
        On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 9:46 AM, tempustemper <MRinger@...> wrote:
        > was wondering what other bands like NIN are using Creative Commons and
        > how would i find out? This is the stuff I want to be playing in my
        > podcast.

        I've played Harvey Danger, Tanya Donnelly, Kristen Hirsch, Brenda Khan
        and the Dharmas on my DIY Endeavors and Sonitotum podcasts over the
        years -- all are former or current major label artists who are either
        now independent or who embrace podcasts, with or without Creative
        Commons licenses.

        Try Garageband.com for lots of amazing stuff, too. I was one of the
        first podcasters to play Jonathan Coulton and Samantha Murphy, back in
        the day... found 'em both on Garageband, and look at them now..!

        Finally, there are net labels like Dying Giraffe and Magnatune that
        have awesome catalogs with varying by podcast-friendly permissions.

        --
        Matthew Wayne Selznick
        Author, Podcaster