Re: [podcasters] Creative Commons

  • Waldo O
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2008
      Great place: music.podshow.com

      PodSafe music. Creative Commons etc etc.

      --
      Waleed "Waldo" Ovase
      Executive Producer

      "...you know what? I still get out of bed
      every day and make coffee, smoke some crack cocaine, put on my Richard
      Nixon mask and foam rubber cowboy hat and go to work like everyone
      else..."
      - Edward Morris

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2008
        On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 12:46 PM, tempustemper <MRinger@...> wrote:
        > I know that the new NIN Album The Slip is creative commons and they
        > encourage you to use it anyway you want (remix, blog, podcast etc) so i
        > was wondering what other bands like NIN are using Creative Commons and
        > how would i find out? This is the stuff I want to be playing in my
        > podcast.

        http://creativecommons.org is a good place to start.

        http://www.escapepod.org
      • Matthew Wayne Selznick
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 6, 2008
          On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 9:46 AM, tempustemper <MRinger@...> wrote:
          > was wondering what other bands like NIN are using Creative Commons and
          > how would i find out? This is the stuff I want to be playing in my
          > podcast.

          I've played Harvey Danger, Tanya Donnelly, Kristen Hirsch, Brenda Khan
          and the Dharmas on my DIY Endeavors and Sonitotum podcasts over the
          years -- all are former or current major label artists who are either
          now independent or who embrace podcasts, with or without Creative
          Commons licenses.

          Try Garageband.com for lots of amazing stuff, too. I was one of the
          first podcasters to play Jonathan Coulton and Samantha Murphy, back in
          the day... found 'em both on Garageband, and look at them now..!

          Finally, there are net labels like Dying Giraffe and Magnatune that
          have awesome catalogs with varying by podcast-friendly permissions.

          --
          Matthew Wayne Selznick
          Author, Podcaster