Creative Commons

  • tempustemper
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2008
      I know that the new NIN Album The Slip is creative commons and they
      encourage you to use it anyway you want (remix, blog, podcast etc) so i
      was wondering what other bands like NIN are using Creative Commons and
      how would i find out? This is the stuff I want to be playing in my
      podcast.
    • Waldo O
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2008
        Great place: music.podshow.com

        PodSafe music. Creative Commons etc etc.

        --
        Waleed "Waldo" Ovase
        Executive Producer

        "...you know what? I still get out of bed
        every day and make coffee, smoke some crack cocaine, put on my Richard
        Nixon mask and foam rubber cowboy hat and go to work like everyone
        else..."
        - Edward Morris

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 5, 2008
          On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 12:46 PM, tempustemper <MRinger@...> wrote:
          > I know that the new NIN Album The Slip is creative commons and they
          > encourage you to use it anyway you want (remix, blog, podcast etc) so i
          > was wondering what other bands like NIN are using Creative Commons and
          > how would i find out? This is the stuff I want to be playing in my
          > podcast.

          http://creativecommons.org is a good place to start.

          http://www.escapepod.org
        • Matthew Wayne Selznick
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 6, 2008
            On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 9:46 AM, tempustemper <MRinger@...> wrote:
            > was wondering what other bands like NIN are using Creative Commons and
            > how would i find out? This is the stuff I want to be playing in my
            > podcast.

            I've played Harvey Danger, Tanya Donnelly, Kristen Hirsch, Brenda Khan
            and the Dharmas on my DIY Endeavors and Sonitotum podcasts over the
            years -- all are former or current major label artists who are either
            now independent or who embrace podcasts, with or without Creative
            Commons licenses.

            Try Garageband.com for lots of amazing stuff, too. I was one of the
            first podcasters to play Jonathan Coulton and Samantha Murphy, back in
            the day... found 'em both on Garageband, and look at them now..!

            Finally, there are net labels like Dying Giraffe and Magnatune that
            have awesome catalogs with varying by podcast-friendly permissions.

            --
            Matthew Wayne Selznick
            Author, Podcaster