Re: Anyone do podcasts for a company?

  • janemarkham
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 5, 2008
      Hi

      I make podcasts for several organisations and companies and I agree with much of what
      has been written.

      I would add that there is quite a difference between making a personal podcast and
      making one for a company in that you will be towing their company line and its important
      that you are comfortable with the fact that they will be in editorial control.

      From my experience there are companies who have a very relaxed approach to the work
      you produce for them and hardly ever want to change a thing....and there are those who
      want many edits per episode (I have even had clients that want a transcript and want to
      edit out words in the way they would edit text and you have to explain that the edits they
      want won't work with the inflection of the voice and the flow of the piece!). You'll have to
      use you gut feeling on this when you meet the people - although its not always easy to
      tell.

      I would therefore add in to your quote an allowance for the time to make multiple changes
      - and you will make those changes, after all they are calling the shots and you don't want
      to upset a client.

      And of course once you start charging for your services you will be a 'professional' by
      default!

      Good luck,

      Jane
      Jane Markham
      www.podcats.co.uk
      jane@...
      Winners of a silver award in the Excellence in Tourism Awards for Talking the Walk