Re: [podcasters] Re: Anyone do podcasts for a company?

  • Brains Matter
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 2, 2008
      Interested in seeing them Tim (-:
      (If you're willing to share that is)

      OG
      --
      Brains Matter Podcast
      Melbourne, Australia
      email: mail@...
      podcast feed: iTunes or http://feeds.feedburner.com/BrainsMatter
      web: http://www.brainsmatter.com/
      facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=15916010022

      On 02/08/2008, at 12:10 PM, Tim Street wrote:

      > I do.
      >
      > Tim Street
      > Creator/Executive Producer
      > French Maid TV
      > tim@...
      > Add French Maid TV to Your iTunes @
      > http://frenchmaidtv.com/itunes
      > http://1timstreet.com
      > http://twitter.com/1timstreet
      >
      > On Aug 1, 2008, at 7:06 PM, Robin wrote:
      >
      > > Sorry, no contracts here...

    • janemarkham
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 5, 2008
        Hi

        I make podcasts for several organisations and companies and I agree with much of what
        has been written.

        I would add that there is quite a difference between making a personal podcast and
        making one for a company in that you will be towing their company line and its important
        that you are comfortable with the fact that they will be in editorial control.

        From my experience there are companies who have a very relaxed approach to the work
        you produce for them and hardly ever want to change a thing....and there are those who
        want many edits per episode (I have even had clients that want a transcript and want to
        edit out words in the way they would edit text and you have to explain that the edits they
        want won't work with the inflection of the voice and the flow of the piece!). You'll have to
        use you gut feeling on this when you meet the people - although its not always easy to
        tell.

        I would therefore add in to your quote an allowance for the time to make multiple changes
        - and you will make those changes, after all they are calling the shots and you don't want
        to upset a client.

        And of course once you start charging for your services you will be a 'professional' by
        default!

        Good luck,

        Jane
        Jane Markham
        www.podcats.co.uk
        jane@...
        Winners of a silver award in the Excellence in Tourism Awards for Talking the Walk