Stuck In Traffic #9

  • Calvin Powers
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2 5:17 PM
      Howdy,

      I'm pleased to announce the release of episode
      #9<http://www.stuckintraffic.com/2008/08/sit0009-airline-dark-social.html>of
      Stuck
      In Traffic <http://www.stuckintraffic.com/>, the podcast dedicated to
      ranting irresponsibly about current events, over-analyzing pop culture, and
      telling tall tales.

      As always, I welcome you feedback and suggestions for improvement!

      Calvin Powers

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2 8:12 PM
        Calvin,

        I hate to be the smellfungus every time, but it's generally considered
        bad form here to post announcements for every ordinary episode
        release. The reason is strictly pragmatic: if every one of us did
        that, the list would be drowning in thousands of episode
        announcements, hindering other discussion. You'll notice that most of
        us aren't doing it.

        Introducing yourself to the list is cool. Announcing a new podcast is
        cool. Announcing *special* episodes is cool (your episode 100, or
        having an impressive celebrity guest, etc.) But just saying you have
        a new episode is counterproductive. If you want to promote your
        podcast, the best way is to make positive contributions to the
        conversation, and mention your podcast either in context or in your
        signature.

        Just trying to be helpful. There's no ill will here, and I don't
        think you're being a jerk about it. It actually hasn't come up in
        quite some time, so it's understandable that not everyone would be
        familiar with all the list conventions. I do wish you the best of
        luck with your podcast.

        On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 8:17 PM, Calvin Powers <calvin@...> wrote:
        > Howdy,
        >
        > I'm pleased to announce the release of episode
        > #9<http://www.stuckintraffic.com/2008/08/sit0009-airline-dark-social.html>of
        > Stuck
        > In Traffic <http://www.stuckintraffic.com/>, the podcast dedicated to
        > ranting irresponsibly about current events, over-analyzing pop culture, and
        > telling tall tales.
        >
        > As always, I welcome you feedback and suggestions for improvement!
        >
        > Calvin Powers

        http://www.escapepod.org
      • Kevin
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2 9:41 PM
          That is indeed true. I am reminded of getting moving on creating more episodes for the future. :)
          Generally, if we all said "hey next episode is out" the list would surely be cluttered.

          Kevin
          sisco83@...
          http://www.gcast.com/u/kjsisco

          I hate to be the smellfungus every time, but it's generally considered
          bad form here to post announcements for every ordinary episode
          release. The reason is strictly pragmatic: if every one of us did
          that, the list would be drowning in thousands of episode
          announcements, hindering other discussion. You'll notice that most of
          us aren't doing it.

          Introducing yourself to the list is cool. Announcing a new podcast is
          cool. Announcing *special* episodes is cool (your episode 100, or
          having an impressive celebrity guest, etc.) But just saying you have
          a new episode is counterproductive. If you want to promote your
          podcast, the best way is to make positive contributions to the
          conversation, and mention your podcast either in context or in your
          signature.

          Just trying to be helpful. There's no ill will here, and I don't
          think you're being a jerk about it. It actually hasn't come up in
          quite some time, so it's understandable that not everyone would be
          familiar with all the list conventions. I do wish you the best of
          luck with your podcast.

          On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 8:17 PM, Calvin Powers <calvin@...> wrote:
          > Howdy,
          >
          > I'm pleased to announce the release of episode
          > #9<http://www.stuckintraffic.com/2008/08/sit0009-airline-dark-social.html>of
          > Stuck
          > In Traffic <http://www.stuckintraffic.com/>, the podcast dedicated to
          > ranting irresponsibly about current events, over-analyzing pop culture, and
          > telling tall tales.
          >
          > As always, I welcome you feedback and suggestions for improvement!
          >
          > Calvin Powers

          http://www.escapepod.org

        • Calvin Powers
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 10 12:25 PM