Podcaster Ego.

  • askafatdude
    Message 1 of 38 , Jul 15, 2008
      Just wanted to put a feeler out and see how everyones ego is today.
      It seems that as I listen to other podcaster shows and read
      podcasters comments about various things the podcasting world has
      gotten out of hand in my opinion.

      I think that the overall consensus is probably fairly close in
      comparison. When I listen to people I wonder why they feel the need
      to fluff their ego so much. I understand that this is "their"
      project but they are asking the listener to come along on the
      adventure so shouldnt they consider that instead of always thinking
      listeners are guaranteed?

      I mean I listen and I hear things like "MY LISTENERS", MY SHOW IS
      BETTER THAN THIS SHOW" random statements that clearly say to me you
      sir are a pompous person that doesnt not deserve to be heard.

      So in general what is your opinion? I know everyone who listens to
      podcasts hears arrogant overfluffed podcasters. Do you have the
      courage to admit that you are one? What are your recommendations for
      fixing these overinflated egos?
    • Braindouche!
      Message 38 of 38 , Jul 23, 2008
        Sayeth the Fat Dude:

        "If you must take ownership to help you get along them ok but I am
        sure there is a way to do it without being completely possesive of
        every entity that approaches a podcast. "

        Oh, there totally is a way. I'm shocked and surprised that there are
        any people at all that would listen to my podcast by choice, and not
        as some sort of exercize in CIA "enhanced interrogation" practices.
        When there was a suspicious spike in my backend stats, I punished the
        foolhardy listeners until the numbers became more normal.

        Took about a week, if you were curious.

        ~Mer
        www.i-ruin-your-good-headphones.com