PodPress/WordPress 2.5.1 and the way audio files are presented in Feedburner

  • nycedeli
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2008
      Hi all,
      I updated my blog to WP 2.5.1 and after the install PodPress is acting
      funny. In my podcast feed, the audio files are showing up at the
      bottom of each post with the info: "media files" with "MP3 and 1.0
      bytes." Then when you click on them, a new window opens up and then
      the file begins to play. Previously, before I updated WP, there was a
      little "play" button inside each post inside the feed and if you
      clicked on that, the audio would play directly on the page of the
      feed. A separate window didn't open up to play the audio and there was
      no terminology visible like "media files" and "MP3 1.0 bytes."

      Here's the URL of the feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/vocespodcast

      My audio is hosted with libsyn and I put my libsyn URL
      [http://media.libsyn.com/media/vocesenespanol/%5d inside the PodPress
      general settings page where it asks for "URI of media files directory."

      What am I missing? Can anyone give me a suggestion on how to set this
      up so that it looks like it was before with the little play button
      inside the feed?

      Thanks in advance!
    • patriotworld
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 12, 2008
        I'm having issues with Podpress since upgrading to WP 2.5.1 as well. I no
        longer have the player on my page at all. I posted on this forum
        http://www.mightyseek.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1361 after googling the
        issue but nobody has responded. Any ideas folks?

        Thanks!

        --
        Mrs. B (Karen)

        http://karenjcardoza.com
        (for links to PatriotWorld.com, Mrs. B's Patriot World Podcast, Patriots
        Training Camp Reports, Muse with Me Podcast, & The 25th Hour, )

      • David Smith
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 12, 2008
          It was 12 Jul 2008, when nycedeli commented:

          > Hi all,
          > I updated my blog to WP 2.5.1 and after the install PodPress is acting
          > funny. In my podcast feed, the audio files are showing up at the bottom of
          > each post with the info: "media files" with "MP3 and 1.0 bytes." Then when
          > you click on them, a new window opens up and then the file begins to play.
          > Previously, before I updated WP, there was a little "play" button inside
          > each post inside the feed and if you clicked on that, the audio would play
          > directly on the page of the feed. A separate window didn't open up to play
          > the audio and there was no terminology visible like "media files" and "MP3
          > 1.0 bytes."
          >
          > Here's the URL of the feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/vocespodcast
          >
          > My audio is hosted with libsyn and I put my libsyn URL
          > [http://media.libsyn.com/media/vocesenespanol/%5d inside the PodPress
          > general settings page where it asks for "URI of media files directory."
          >
          > What am I missing? Can anyone give me a suggestion on how to set this
          > up so that it looks like it was before with the little play button
          > inside the feed?
          >
          > Thanks in advance!

          My show is hosted on Libsyn with their provided feed, then also fed
          through Feedburner. As it turns out, my feed shows the files the same
          way, but with the actual file sizes. And I do recall the "Play Now"
          button you mentioned. So I suspect:

          The 1 byte file problem comes from WordPress/Podpress, and

          The just-show-the-filename thing comes from Feedburner. And I'm not clear
          what causes the latter. I'd suspect something in Smartfeed, though, and
          the way it marks enclosures.

          I'm still looking.

          --

          Grizzly's Growls Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
          Stories from the Hiber-Nation:
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 12, 2008
            the little play button showed up when  clicked on your link.

            Blog: <http://grizzlysgrow ls.blogspot. com>