Re: [podcasters] Ourmedia

  • Michael Johnson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 11, 2008
      Thank you sir.

      --- On Fri, 7/11/08, David Smith <dbsmith01@...> wrote:

      From: David Smith <dbsmith01@...>
      Subject: Re: [podcasters] Ourmedia
      To: podcasters@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, July 11, 2008, 6:44 PM

      It was 9 Jul 2008, when serviceyourac commented:

      > I have been using ourmedia for my podcast for christian college
      > students. is there any way to move the podcast to another host without
      > losing subscribers? the link is through feed burner
      >
      > http://feeds. feedburner. com/Bibleforlife sMedia

      Changing the host shouldn't be a problem; once you set up your new host,
      go into the Feed Settings and change the feed from which Feedburner gets
      it's original data. If your subscribers are subscribed to the Feedburner
      address, -not- to the ourmedia address, they'll get the new data from the
      new host.

      If they're subscribed to the feed address from ourmedia, though, you'll
      need to convince them to subscribe to the Feedburner address above before
      you make the move, or they'll miss episodes. It's also important to make
      sure they know about the new hosting site; the vast majority of my
      listeners download from my website, and if I changed hosts, I'd worry they
      might not know to follow to the new address.

      --

      Grizzly's Growls Podcast: <http://grizzly. libsyn.com>
      Stories from the Hiber-Nation: