Who do you recommend for setting up Podcast sites? That is writing the code for

  • Martin Brossman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2008
      Who do you recommend for setting up Podcast sites? That is writing the
      code for the blog/podcast site.

      I am NOT looking for someone to help with the production of the Podcast.
      I am NOT looking for someone that writes good copy or has a great audio
      voice, etc. I AM looking for someone that is masterful in creating the
      code for the podcast site which is basically a blog that had audio.
      Someone who knows how to correct problems with feedburner, check to see
      if the feed to iTunes is correct, knows how to add affiliate links to
      the blog to make them look great, is able to add an area to sell
      products, etc. Someone that writes HTML, PHP, etc and truly understands
      the unique needs of a podcast blog site. It could be a web developer
      that has taken the time to master this field not just a web developer.

      Thanks
      Martin Brossman
      Martin@...
      Podcast: www.inquireonline.info <http://www.inquireonline.info>
      Podcast technology group
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/podcastingtechnology/

    • Matthew Wayne Selznick
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2008
        On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 8:12 AM, Martin Brossman
        <martin@...> wrote:
        > I AM looking for someone that is masterful in creating the
        > code for the podcast site which is basically a blog that had audio.
        > Someone who knows how to correct problems with feedburner, check to see
        > if the feed to iTunes is correct, knows how to add affiliate links to
        > the blog to make them look great, is able to add an area to sell
        > products, etc. Someone that writes HTML, PHP, etc and truly understands
        > the unique needs of a podcast blog site. It could be a web developer
        > that has taken the time to master this field not just a web developer.

        Much of this stuff doesn't require writing HTML or PHP -- anyone with
        a DIY spirit and a little time can master these things. I see you're
        already using WordPress with the PodPress plug-in -- you're more than
        halfway there.

        If you want affiliate links, most affiliate programs have automated
        the process of creating links to be cut and pasted into your blog.
        Amazon.com is the best example of this -- it's a very simple process,
        and WordPress plug-ins exist to make it even easier.

        Creating a shop that is integrated into your site and not the main
        function of the site narrows your options a little, but again,
        plug-ins exist for WordPress that do this.

        That said... the fact that you've posted the question tells me you're
        interested in a podcasting consultant and perhaps don't have the time
        or inclination to do it yourself (you must also have the funds to
        outsource this work.)

        I'm sure there are quite literally dozens of folks on this list who
        would be willing to take this on for you on a freelance basis -- in
        fact, I'd be surprised if you weren't already contacted by one or two.

        If the list doesn't generate any potential contractors, try LinkedIn,
        Guru.com, or other freelancing sites.

        Best,

        --
        Matthew Wayne Selznick
        Author, Podcaster
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6, 2008
          (snip)

          Creating a shop that is integrated into your site and not the main
          function of the site narrows your options a little, but again,
          plug-ins exist for WordPress that do this.
          (snip)

          True, but in my experience, using wordpress for e-commerce is a pain
          in the neck. Totally doable, but after a couple of weeks banging my
          head against the wall, I gave up and used zencart.

          ~Mer
          www.braindouche.net