Re: [podcasters] mobile recording on the cheap

  • Stephen Nelson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2008
      Hmm... if that's the case, perhaps we need to rethink the requirements a
      bit. Do you have a laptop? If so, could you perhaps buy an AC adapter, a
      $75 pair of mikes, and record on the laptop? (With whoever's not driving
      running the laptop, of course... not worth getting into an accident.)

      John McJunkin wrote:
      > In the course of writing a lot of pro audio product reviews over the
      >

      >> Hey folks,

    • Richard Amirault
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2008
        From: "Braindouche!"
        (snip)
        > I've recently found myself in the market for a little hand-held
        > digital recorder, mostly because my wife said that she'd like to
        > record the deep conversations we have in the car and said I could buy
        > one.
        (snip)
        > Anybody have experience with this stuff? Am I missing a totally
        > obvious option? What would you do with your 75 smackers?
        (snip)

        Before I bought my Edriol R-09 ... I had (have) two Olympus Digital Voice
        Recorders. I liked the first one so much that I bought another one with
        more memory (longer recording times).

        For what you want it for .. I would go with one of those. My experience
        with them is that if you want to record a business meeting, or a student
        recording a lecture, or a discussion in a vehicle ... they are fine.

        My Olympus is the VN-480PC but it is no longer available. The VN-4100PC is
        .. Amazon has it for less than $50.00. NOTE: the "PC" part of the name is
        important with these devices. That means they have a USB port to transfer
        the audio files to a PC. Otherwise you have to import it, in real time, via
        the computer mic jack.

        Yes, a Zoom H-2 or better .. would work but cost a *lot* more.

        Richard Amirault
        Boston, MA, USA
        http://n1jdu.org
        http://bostonfandom.org