Re: [podcasters] Promo feedback requested

  • Rich
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 2, 2008
      On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 21:46 -0500, David Smith wrote:

      I always thought Bloodthirsty Vegetarians were sort of unique. ;-)

      Then again, I can't really say since John and I are the "talent" on BV.

      I leave those comparisons to your good offices.

      Best,
      Rich...

      --
      Bloodthirsty Vegetarians Podcast, www.bloodyveg.com

      Robust progressive conversation shared over a bottle of good wine,
      tempered with humor and independent music.

      > > You think the tone of the Promo is like our promo, or like our show?
      > >
      > > > Well, listening to the promo, there's a bit of similarity in tone.
      > >
      > > Rich...
      >
      > > > Different focus. Haven't heard the show, though, no clue if the
      > show
      > > > itself is similar.
      >
      > That's my general impression, yes, that their promo is like your show.
      > On
      > the other hand, that's my impression from the -promo-, since I
      > haven't
      > heard the -show-. So it's a judgement call on your part.
      >
      > Which seems like what it would be anyway, so it's all good. ;-)
      >
      > I'd promo it to both of the people who listen to my show, but that
      > somehow
      > seems counterproductive. I might lose both subscribers. And one of
      > them
      > is me.
      >
      > Doing a promo for your show on mine, on the other hand, is fine --
      > half my
      > audience already listens, as to which I can personally attest.
      >
      > ;-)
      >
      > Doncha love micromarkets?
    • kscolligan
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 2, 2008
        Sounds pretty good.

        It's not too close to my 'cast, content-wise, but I'd imagine there
        might be some crossover interest. I'll slate it in for a future Well
        Told Tales episode.

        Cheers,
        Kevin

        Well Told Tales
        pulp-fiction podcast

        http://WellToldTales.com

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Nelson <stephenenelson@...>
        wrote:

        > Thanks for your feedback, everyone. I've re-recorded my sections with
        > a Snowball and moved the URL to the end.
        >
        > The result is here:
        >
        > http://www.skepticalviewer.com/podcasts/promo_2.mp3
        >

        > On Jul 1, 2008, at 4:04 PM, David Smith wrote:
        >
        > > It was 30 Jun 2008, when Stephen Nelson commented:
        > >
        > >> Hello all...
        > >>
        > >> I've had a more-or-less unused promo for the Skeptical Viewer kicking
        > >> around for a while now. If anyone's interested, I'd be interested
        > >> in some
        > >> feedback. Also looking for ideas on who might be a good podcast
        > >> for promo
        > >> exchange-- I think of us in the "friendly skeptic" category.
        > >>
        > >> You can find the promo here:
        > >>
        > >> http://www.skepticalviewer.com/podcasts/sv_promo.mp3
        > >
        > > I agree with the thought of adding the URL to the end. Like the pace,
        > > though it does end rather abruptly.
        > >
        > > As for exchanges, just from the promo, the tone sounds a bit like
        > > "Bloodthirsty Vegetarians." Rich, you up for this?
        > >
        > > Most on-topic exchange off the top of my head would be Steve Eley's
        > > Pseudopod, his horror podcast -- I mean hey, they talk about ghosts
        > > and
        > > whatnot. ;-)
        > >
        > > "It's only a Podcast... It's only a Podcast..."
        > >
        > > --
        > >
        > > Grizzly's Growls Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
        > > The Life and Times of a Minor Local Celebrity
        > > Blog: <http://grizzlysgrowls.blogspot.com>
        > > Twitter: <https://twitter.com/grizzlysgrowls>
        > > Stickam: <http://www.stickam.com/grizzlysgrowls>

      • Stephen Nelson